San Antonio Regional

If they aren't going to do the color change of the plume, why distract from the show with putting on the plumes in parts? Also, they seem to miss one or two hats in each show. Distracting, because I follow those two all around their drill wondering if they will get their plumes or not. To Plume, or not to Plume. That is the question.

"How come nobody understands me?" Because your show lacks clarity, perhaps?

OK, my snarky comment was based on what I saw in Ft. Wayne. This is much improved (if still with far to go).

Reading Michael Boo's explanation of Surfs show on the blog, I'm not seeing that one bit. Kinda dissapointed in Surf this year. :huh2:

I get that it's hard to field the "fun show" every year, and that they want to figure out a way to blend the sophistication that's required to be competitive, but I agree it's a bit of a misfire. I like the music choices and the arrangements are good, but it's not coming across thematically.

The worst part though, is that they really need to figure out the brass line, because once again it's absolutely killing them. Every. Single. Year.

Freaking ridiculous. In an organization that depends on audio quality.

Nope, cause its only 2014 and DCI still has no idea how microphones work on a football field.

Akron was great cause it was Blair Productions. So we have to wait till the World Championships in Indy when Blair produces the sound again to hear what the corps actually sound like again.

I get that it's hard to field the "fun show" every year, and that they want to figure out a way to blend the sophistication that's required to be competitive, but I agree it's a bit of a misfire. I like the music choices and the arrangements are good, but it's not coming across thematically.

The worst part though, is that they really need to figure out the brass line, because once again it's absolutely killing them. Every. Single. Year.

I like the idea behind it, kinda neat actually, but it's just not put together well. And I agree about the brass, seems like when it's a consistent issue it would be delt with.

Edited by DrumManTx

Am I the only one whose fan network feed is acting up?

Am I the only one whose fan network feed is acting up?

I can neither confirm nor deny my status -- to avoid the FN Jinx.

• Like 1