San Antonio Regional

Really enjoyed Pacific Crest! Looking forward to Academy......loving their show this year!

• Like 2

Could be the audio set up they are using in SA. Everyone, even PC, sounds subdued. It's almost like the audio engineer is using noise gates and compression a lot more than he should....

I don't hear 'too obvious' compression (not like we've heard in past years when I've had to contact FN tech support during the show and tell them to dial it back). The main thing today is that we only have a stereo pair on the 50, whereas Blair et all add flanking mics on the 35s to fill out the ensemble sound on spread field, plus mobile spots down front.

The sound today has good imaging and I'll take it all day over some of the crap DCI has dolled out in the past (recently Denver last week, Buffalo last year, which gave the term 'amateur hour' a bad name).

Edited by hughesmr

I really like this Academy show. Especially the Beethoven piece. One of the most moving pieces of music ever written.

Did Academy's drum major salute? If not, why not tell the announcer not to ask if he's ready?

• Like 1