"Records are made to be broken."

New High Score Finals NIght  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will BD break 99.15 on Finals Night?

• Yes
    • No

< snarky comment withheld >

Come on, I'm TRYING to be nice

I don't see this year being one for a "high score" for champion due to captions being too split

BD will likely take guard

Crown will likely take brass

SCV (or Cadets or BD) will likely take drums

High GE will go to whoever wins (BD?) but they may only take one other caption and visual

So that doesn't equate to an overall high score

Last time it happened I believe was Cadets 2005 and they swept all captions - that corps was crazy good on finals night

BD hit a new high score last night for the Allentown show. The last corps to do that was the 2005 Cadets... BD took all captions, including drums. I realize the likely-hood of that happening Finals Night isn't very high; however, they could very well take all captions except for brass (which would go to the very deserving members and staff at Crown). I won't be heartbroken if Devils don't break 99.15 next Saturday night, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do either; especially if they can get those rotating blocks to look like they did in 1997. Now that would really be something.

I don't see this year being one for a "high score" for champion due to captions being too split

BD will likely take guard

Crown will likely take brass

SCV (or Cadets or BD) will likely take drums

High GE will go to whoever wins (BD?) but they may only take one other caption and visual

So that doesn't equate to an overall high score

Last time it happened I believe was Cadets 2005 and they swept all captions - that corps was crazy good on finals night

I can honestly see BD sweeping literally every single caption on finals night except for Brass.

I think it'll happen for sure. They need to keep most of their scores around 19.9 or 19.8 to get that done and it's definitely in their reach. GE will be very close to record scores if not perfect scores in most subcaptions. Visual should be pretty close to that 19.8-20.0 range but Music will be the wild card. Brass will be close as will Analysis but Percussion will be the big decider. Any short coming there though can be countered with the GE scores so we'll just have to wait and see.

They have guard and GE locked down. IF they can win drums from SCV and brass from Crown, then yes, they will break the record. If not, then it will be right at it, say 99.1.

It definitely could happen. BD has won brass against Crown this year, if my memory serves me right. And they have won percussion as well. That being said itll be hard, and many will complain if BD wins brass or percussion, so it goes. It depends on the panel.

Clearly itll "perfect" caption scores to get to a new record. VCG likely. With Crown going on before bd, cadets, bloo and maybe scv, it will get tricky. If they give crown a perfect (unlikely) that means they know that no other corps will top them. Likely they will get just under perfect... resulting in a space above crown if a corps earns it. If the judge slots poorly BD might be forced into a perfect just because they wont be scoring below cadets, crown, and bloo.

GE scores they are capable of perfects, i dont know accross the board, but ill say half will be perfect.

Visually they are always near the top for thr other captions.

Music analysis theyve been taking if I recall right. And percussion could be the same problem as brass.

On finals judges usually keep it safe, but the top 5 is so tight (now maybe 6) that it could force BD into a lot of 1s. And if so they will be very high.

I'm calling a 99.25

• Like 1