OC is on a tear now up a couple of points from Atlanta. The mNew ending is settling in and I believe they will break 80 by Allentown. That puts them in the 82-84 range in semi finals. Nice jump from last year.

I think top 12 is done, simply based on depth of show design. It could be argued that corps 12-14 (Crossmen, Troopers, Colts) are all performing at about the same level right now.

As for the others: Colts have a new, better ending. Then there is OC who seems to have a consistently climbing score. The Academy and PC are probably not changing but

cleaning. They both know how to do that well.

Think the greatest chance for movement is actually for Spirit to move down, again, based on depth of show design.

The Top 12 won't be locked until the scores are announced on Friday at Finals Week. We've had shockers the last two years, it's silly to think that it's impossible this year. You can say that something is likely but nothing is a lock yet.

• Like 1

We'll have to see the trend over this week but I think that if Madison continues to level off, Crossmen have a chance of overtaking them.

Yeah, because they didn't jump last night, they've leveled off.

While I am a big fan of the Crossmen and feel they have been solid all year, I don't think we can take anything for granted. Back in 2012, there were shows in the final week where Blue Stars had a comfortable 2+ points lead over the Crossmen. The Crossmen never beat them until the show where it mattered--semifinals--and they made finals.

So, I fear calling anything a "lock".

• Like 1

Fair enough regarding my comment about the top 12. Not "everyone" conceeds that it is all but locked up. Seeing wat I have seen so far this season, unless someone out of the top 12 makes drastic changes and they are clean. I doubt the current top 12 will change.

While I am a big fan of the Crossmen and feel they have been solid all year, I don't think we can take anything for granted. Back in 2012, there were shows in the final week where Blue Stars had a comfortable 2+ points lead over the Crossmen. The Crossmen never beat them until the show where it mattered--semifinals--and they made finals.

So, I fear calling anything a "lock".

I made that mistake in 2012 as a Blue Stars fan. Talk about a heart breaker.

I agree the top 12 are definitely a lock right now, with Madison, Stars, and Crossmen taking the last 3 spots. No one below them should be within 2 points of them. I think Colts and Spirit will take 13th and 14th, with Oregon and Troopers taking 15th and 16th. Academy and Crest should end up 17th and 18th.

Spirit in 14th and Troopers in 16th? With all due respect, are you high?

• Like 6