One Person's Thoughts on Animal Farm.

I've read the book.

I've seen the show.

I've heard all about this G7 drama.

All that said the show design is a visual mess - and they've been trying to fix that all season

They'll get it cleaner by finals now that changes have been made, but a MUCH better design out of the gate would have taken this corps much, much further.

• Like 3

I've read the book.

I've seen the show.

I've heard all about this G7 drama.

All that said the show design is a visual mess - and they've been trying to fix that all season

They'll get it cleaner by finals now that changes have been made, but a MUCH better design out of the gate would have taken this corps much, much further.

So you've read the book, seen the show, heard all the drama and still missed the point of the show and the corps? Too bad. It would seem you misunderstand the difficulty of this show and the organizations choice not to take the easy way out. I would hazard to say this was a collaborative decision on the shows design. Is it a simpler show that is appealing for you? The corps is looking to and making an investment (in a number of ways) in the future not the short term satisfaction of fans. I would suggest revieiwng some of the commentary here and give it some thought about what is being presented by BAC.

So you've read the book, seen the show, heard all the drama and still missed the point of the show and the corps? Too bad. It would seem you misunderstand the difficulty of this show and the organizations choice not to take the easy way out. I would hazard to say this was a collaborative decision on the shows design. Is it a simpler show that is appealing for you? The corps is looking to and making an investment (in a number of ways) in the future not the short term satisfaction of fans. I would suggest revieiwng some of the commentary here and give it some thought about what is being presented by BAC.

who said I'm missing the point? I just said I felt the visual design was terrible. Which it is.

The show is difficult, doesn't mean it is well-designed.

• Like 2

I love the show and the guts it took to put this on the field.

How does it take guts to put any show on the field? We are not exactly talking brain surgery here.

• Like 1

any show that takes this much explaining to understand it is probably not going to communicate very well. As the saying goes, "Keep it simple stupid". Generally, the most effective shows are those "you get" without having to think. Often it is the most simple of things that are most effective. One corps that has understood this concept better than most over the years has been the Cavaliers. Most seasoned drum corps fan can list a number of Cavalier moves which at their core are very simple, but very effective in searing a memory in your mind even years later.

• Like 2

If we combine the 3 pages on this thread with the 79 pages on the "Boston Crusaders 2014" thread, I think it's obvious that many people are finding this year's show compelling. Completely understandable? No. But the amount of debate that continues to happen is a sign that the show is effective at conjuring interest and discussion in and of the corps. And I'd be willing to bet that the BAC administration would take that over a simpler, understandable "concept" every day of the week.

If we combine the 3 pages on this thread with the 79 pages on the "Boston Crusaders 2014" thread, I think it's obvious that many people are finding this year's show compelling. Completely understandable? No. But the amount of debate that continues to happen is a sign that the show is effective at conjuring interest and discussion in and of the corps. And I'd be willing to bet that the BAC administration would take that over a simpler, understandable "concept" every day of the week.

Well, much of the discussion has been honk driven with a relentless push trying to make others understand how wonderful, difficult, and symbolic their show is.

Edited by brians
  • Like 1

There is a big difference between driving conversation on a message board dedicated to those most interested in the activity and appealing to average fans in the stands (who buy most of the tickets).