BD Guard - Appropriate?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't mind a corps getting down with the sexy. If it fits the show, great! They're adults. If the corps members have no issue with it, more power to 'em.

My discomfort comes from thinking about the 'family' audience. Which has kids. Which has young kids. Which love to go home and imitate. That starts to creep me out.

I don't mind a corps getting down with the sexy. If it fits the show, great! They're adults. If the corps members have no issue with it, more power to 'em.

My discomfort comes from thinking about the 'family' audience. Which has kids. Which has young kids. Which love to go home and imitate. That starts to creep me out.

Then the probably should've watch any Regiment show from the last 6 years...or 08 Cavies.

Most 8 year olds probably don't read too much into BD's guard girls smacking tambourines on their hips, as I've seen actual kids with actual tambourines do the exact same thing - just because it's fun to hit yourself with a tambourine, i guess.

• Like 1

In my circle of fans, several have stated they find BDs color guard offensive- more akin to an NFL cheerleader squad than a color guard. Just wondering how others feel about this topic,

BD's choice of guard costumes, seem appropriate to the theme, as Fellini was a very strange cat,( used LSD and other mind altering drugs ) and the portrayal of his rather bizarre worldview and fantasyworld was captured very well by BD, particulary with the strange poses depictions in the show and with the weird attire worn by their Guard imo. It was all " Felliniesque", ( which means " a fascination with the bizarre" ) and it worked wonderfully, and totally true to his weirdness, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Fellini was a very strange cat (used LSD and other mind-altering drugs)

According to Wikipedia, Fellini tried LSD in 1964, which was after he had made most of his important films, including those that seem to have most inspired Blue Devils' show. His strangeness seems to have had little need of chemical assistance.