West Chester Work-it-Out

Who is this brass judge?

Oh I know, I just think it's interesting that Lo thinks Coats have the best rep on the field (if not the best execution of that rep), while Czapinski thinks it's behind *Cavies* for 3rd.

Sounds like these new GE judges are judging closer to the new GE guidelines to me. But what do I know.

M. Kelly needs to grow a set.

Also probably the first show where brass was appropriately ranked this season (referring strictly to Crown's spread)

Its a good thing Crown's brass are "Out Of This World" or the Cavaliers would be right on their tail. Yet Cavs were above Crown in MA Achv. tonight. Hmm, not bad for a "thin and airy sounding hornline", right Cappy? :tounge2:

The Cavaliers are starting to get it together and it could be a really fun ride for the top 6, including a surging BK, during Championship Week!

Edited by trumpetcam

Its a good thing Crown's brass are Out Of This World" or the Cavaliers would be right on their tail. Yet Cavs were above Crown in MA Achv. tonight. Hmm, not bad for a "thin and airy sounding hornline", right Cappy? :tounge2:

The Cavaliers are starting to get it together and it could be a really fun ride for the top 6, including a surging BK, during Championship Week!

They've improved immensely but they still sound thin to me. I stand by what I said :smile:

• Like 1

Its a good thing Crown's brass are Out Of This World" or the Cavaliers would be right on their tail. Yet Cavs were above Crown in MA Achv. tonight. Hmm, not bad for a "thin and airy sounding hornline", right Cappy? :tounge2:

Music Analysis is more than just the hornline. That low achievement score is factoring in Crown's Achilles Heel: Percussion.

Not that Cavies don't sound great.

• Like 1

Now wait a minute, DCI has been clear that the 2 GE judges are judging from differing perspectives.

Czapinski and Lo are both well experienced judges. It's interesting though (and I'm presuming that Lo judged GE from a music perspective and Czapinski from a visual perspective) how Lo has Cadets out-performing their show, and Czapinski has it equal. Interestingly enough, Cza has Coats and Crown out-performing their show (presumably from a visual perspective). That's not good for the Bluecoats.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it may depend on who is judging Finals, but it may be safe to say that the top 5 will stay at their current placings through the remainder of the season.

Sounds like these new GE judges are judging closer to the new GE guidelines to me. But what do I know.

Not sure what what you mean? Marie has always judged GE and usually does finals and Albert Lo is a brass judge. Not sure why they stuck him in GE tonight...