West Chester Work-it-Out

I find the fact that Colts and Spirit are in a dead heat interesting...

It is my feeling that perhaps it is because GE judges can now look beyond their caption and take in the whole picture....I'm only speculating though...

I just think it's an interesting side-effect of making the GE caption even less transparent (which I didn't think was possible!).

Unfortunately for Crown their outstanding brass scores are reaching the point where they won't be able to help close the gap on the corps ahead of them. Even had they scored a 20 tonight their final score would have been 93.75 still .3 behind Coats.

Crown is getting stronger scores in the visual caption and starting to win over some judges in GE and guard score was much stronger. They continue to clean and will max this show out

• Like 1

The Cavaliers will finish ahead of Carolina Crown by the end of the season. Like it or not, Crown's drum line isn't on par with their brass line and their brass line is pretty much as good as it's going to get this year. There isn't much more they can do. The Cavaliers' brass line is far better than any season since 2006 but it's still not where it needs to be. Even so, I'm pleased especially given the corps is very young and a lot of the brass staff are new for 2014. Also, The Cavaliers' percussion section is a most pleasant surprise.

Fifth place at Finals....

• Like 1

Sounds like these new GE judges are judging closer to the new GE guidelines to me. But what do I know.

Except for Marie!

The Cavaliers will finish ahead of Carolina Crown by the end of the season. Like it or not, Crown's drum line isn't on par with their brass line and their brass line is pretty much as good as it's going to get this year. There isn't much more they can do. The Cavaliers' brass line is far better than any season since 2006 but it's still not where it needs to be. Even so, I'm pleased especially given the corps is very young and a lot of the brass staff are new for 2014. Also, The Cavaliers' percussion section is a most pleasant surprise.

Fifth place at Finals....

That's what I'm talking about yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

• Like 2

Typically the judges around this time are new folks getting some last show reads, combined with Championship level judges going into Allentown. Personally I think Crown, BD and Cadets should be within 5-6 tenths total between them, with perhaps Cadets closer to BD on a given night.

You wont see a spread bigger than .2-.3 at Championships in brass because most judges don't want to be the one that calls the show. A few, maybe.. But most don't want any of that on their conscience.

Is that a right approach? Probably not since Crown needs every real tenth to help them either move up or stave off Cavies from behind. Only when its an obvious flaw, like percussion, will you see calls being made Finals week. But, its the way shows are judged and the reality of numbers management at the highest level.

Logical and well stated. I just have find Cadets to be extremely strong in brass this season and that spread indicates several corps between Crown and Cadets in brass and test I don't agree with.

The Cavaliers will finish ahead of Carolina Crown by the end of the season.

Cavi's may catch up with SCV but they won't touch Crown the rest of the summer. Crown surges to 3rd in score in Allentown this weekend as they continue to improve endurance and clean a show with much higher demand and exposure to error

• Like 1