Most Heart-Wrenching Moments

Many of my favorite memories are already listed, but I will have to admit Madison's 2013 show caught me off guard. I had heard the MP3 version prior to seeing the show live in Lawrence, MA. I would imagine I also saw it via Fan Network, but for some reason when I saw it live the first time, it moved me almost to the point of tears. A few days later in Allentown I was sitting near a man wearing a POW MIA t-shirt and he did start balling. Then at prelims, I was near the Madison block and seeing the alums stand and sing along again moved me.

Troopers sunburst lasts season did it for me too. I know I saw the sunburst live back in the day but seeing it again by a new generation and having a crowd get so excited was something.

By "Danny Boy" in 27th's "Once More in 94," I'm sure I was a basket case.

Finally, I know I must have loved BAC's 2002 "You Are My Star" when I saw it live because it's on my list of favorites and has been since 2002, but I recall seeing it not too long after the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013. Perhaps being from the Boston area, and knowing the show as a 9-11 memorial, it had significance for me and I recall being moved by it in a new way.

Oh god, I had forgotten You Are My Star. That one got me too, as well as the Sunburst. Also "I WILL RISE" from '13 Boston, and Blue Stars this year (Home has a really close meaning for me, and that just made the tears flow).

• Like 1

Oh so many... I always have fun with a question like this as it allows me to remember so many incredible moments. In chronological order:

1989 SCV closer and the Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again ballad

1991 Cadets Baseball Letters from Home section

1992 VK - Close of the show with the Fat Lady singing only to be eaten by the shark

1993 Phantom Regiment Fire of Eternal Glory, and the crab-walking wedge hit

1994 Phantom Regiment Claire De Lune (oh so subtle & beautiful)

1995 Madison Scouts - especially the closing moments

1995 Cadets closing moments

1995 Phantom Regiment ballad with the frames

1996 Phantom Regiment arc to finish - exhilirating brass power from 10 rows up on the 45 yard line

1997 Cadets ballad in their Celebration show

2000 SCV Canyon opener

2003 Phantom Regiment opening & closing pieces with Cannon

2006 Phantom Regiment Ave Maria

2007 Carolina Crown Horse Race

2008 Phantom Regiment "I am Spartacus" with 20,000 participants and closing moments

2010 Phantom Regiment - so many different moments in that show, but especially the hit when they get to the Chevron

2011 Phantom Regiment Juliet/Elsa's Closer - Low Brass power heaven

2013 SCV - so many moments, but especially the bring him home beautiful ballad with the entire corps backfield

2014 Blue Knights - most of the show, but especially the closer

I'm sure I'll think of more. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!

Harvey

Fat Lady being eaten by the shark was such a tragic loss... :flower:

• Like 2

Blue Devils 1989 - soloist on finals night....does not get much more tragic than that!!

• Like 1

Bluecoats 1995- the Flag presentation. Dead silence in the stadium, all you hear is the guard member crying. Talk about heart-breaking.

Also Colts 2001- Non Nobis Domine. The camera hangs on a guard member pretty much breaking down during the closer. It's pure displays of emotion like that during shows that make drum corps something special.

• Like 1

Bluecoats 1995- the Flag presentation. Dead silence in the stadium, all you hear is the guard member crying. Talk about heart-breaking.

Also Colts 2001- Non Nobis Domine. The camera hangs on a guard member pretty much breaking down during the closer. It's pure displays of emotion like that during shows that make drum corps something special.

I've always wondered if that member hates seeing the recording for that show. I know I would if they chose to focus on my ugly cry face the whole ballad.

The 1999 Boston Crusader's make the finals with a show that includes an homage to the Crusader classic "Conquest."

Edited by Bsader
  • Like 1

Christ being nailed to the cross in AR's JCS ( now THAT was a moment )

What show is this from? I don't understand the abbreviations