Allentown . . . DAY ONE!

Devils were good. OK, they were great. But I so wish they would move more. Brass = Freaking Awesome! Drums = Freaking Awesome! Guard = Freaking Awesome. Drill = ok.

• Like 3

For sure. It's not "BD clean"...yet. But compared to the field? Yikes.

They certainly have the least amount left to clean.

Couple of drill things popping out as not quite perfect.

Yeah, I was watching hi-cam, and I would agree. The tables n particular gave them some trouble tonight. Most notably when they form the early diagonal that the corps passes through. One table's wheels seemed to get stuck and the guard was struggling with it.

In fact, I would say that BD's tables this year move no better than Cadets' towers last year--and tonight, worse than Cadets were managing by the end of last season.

But this is still a great show that I would be perfectly content to see win.

(Though for competitiveness' sake, I wouldn't mind someone beating them just once this season. Too much dominance by one group is never a good thing.)

• Like 1

Uh...so topic change, the scores from the open class show in Iowa just went up, and it looks like the corps all dropped over 10 points from the night before? BDB is down 16 points from 77.45 last night to 61.925 tonight. Can I assume there is something off with the math on todays scores????

Devils were good. OK, they were great. But I so wish they would move more. Brass = Freaking Awesome! Drums = Freaking Awesome! Guard = Freaking Awesome. Drill = ok.

It's just a different style.