Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

What Michael Cesario might say about Cadets if he were still doing the broadcast: "There's not a Kraft Single left on the shelves in Allentown tonight"

Have you seen the price of cheese? Cheese sells!!

My definition of what would be an awesome sound: 16 contrabass bugles.

But we'll never know...

You certainly can. Listen to Star '86 (they had 18 at one point in the show). A cool effect, to be sure. But ten was the right number with good players.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, but The Cadets put on a clinic tonight. Just stellar performance in all aspects. Clean feet and legs, amazing drill, awesome music, incredible phrasing and shaping, the Guard was breathtaking, and other than the tarps I love the ending. Yes, they can ditch the tarps and the audio quotes after the last narration. Short of that, I found the show to be inspiring. What a year with the top 5 being this good. Bluecoats, BD, Cadets, SCV, and Carolina are all awesome if you ask me.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 5

I'm relatively new to this drum corps stuff.

Did Bridgemen always wear yellow slickers?

Bridgemen used to have traditional cadet-style uniforms and shakos. They switched to the "banana" uniforms in, I believe, 1976.

• Like 1

Cadets show is just so bland and sterile, it's obvious that they have a lot of talent and they're working their butts off, but there's just no sense of connection to, or passion for what they're doing.

• Like 1

Ha!! I love seeing those old guys trying to get blood back into their chops!! I feel their pain!! The struggle is real!

They're doing it though! High notes galore! (My high school band director stole all these arrangements and we played them in the late 70s / early 80s..)

I love it!

What Michael Cesario might say about Cadets if he were still doing the broadcast: "There's not a Kraft Single left on the shelves in Allentown tonight"

It's interesting that Cadets are considered cheesy (and I agree that they are).

And yet everyone misses the antics of the Bridgemen the old Velvet Knights.

These corps invented cheese, yet they are revered. I don't get it.

(I too miss these corps in the "they are another corps that has folded that I wish hadn't" sense)

My definition of what would be an awesome sound: 16 contrabass bugles.

But we'll never know...

Go watch Star of Indiana 1992 for a good representation. May have only been 14 though.

I'm relatively new to this drum corps stuff.

Did Bridgemen always wear yellow slickers?

Not always, but once they put them on, they never took them off. Except for that Xmas show.

• Like 1