Cadets or Bluecoats

Cadets or Bluecoats?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bluecoats have a show that could potentially beat Cadets for the Silver Medal?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. On finals night, WILL the Bluecoats pass The Cadets?

• Yes
    • No

Both corps are super strong with excellent shows. Both are strong in all captions. Cadets march a little better, BLOOOO has a tighter show from top to bottom (Cadets have some issues with the final 25 seconds). Blooo has the bigger defining impact moment, Cadets have better overall drill (best on the field IMO).

They are both amazing units, and that's why they're running 2nd and 3rd. Nothing to sneeze at...an amazing achievement on any year. Who wins depends on who performs the best, and perhaps a little depends on the judging panel.

Bluecoats beat Cadets on Finals Night in '06. The bus ride back to Reedsburg, WI was nuts. It's definitely in the realm of possibility as the Bluecoats have been closing the gap all season. Stranger things have happened.

But, the Bluecoats probably beat The Cadets 6 or 7 times during the season in 2006. Denton, San Antonio, Atlanta, Massillion, Bensalem just to name a few places. I was with the Cadets when it happened.

If anything, this poll should ask whether or not Crown will take bronze. Bloo already maxed their show and crown have higher content. As much as I want Bloo to be rewarded, I think they might have peaked too early.

It's getting tight for 2nd and 3rd: Cadets 95.9 / Bloo 95.2 / CC 95.15...looks like CC finally got some things cleaned up and the judges are seeing everything now. Looks like BD is champ this year, the real battle is for 2nd and 3rd...SCV is right there too with 94.05, can they slide up to 3rd? Can CC jump over Cadets, can they take 2nd? My gut says - BD 98.9, Cadets 97.4, CC 97.2, Bloo 96.6, SCV 96.1.

Edited by JKT90

Any chance both corps could tie for second? LOL

Two great shows.

It's getting tight for 2nd and 3rd: Cadets 95.9 / Bloo 95.2 / CC 95.15...looks like CC finally got some things cleaned up and the judges are seeing everything now. Looks like BD is champ this year, the real battle is for 2nd and 3rd...SCV is right there too with 94.05, can they slide up to 3rd? Can CC jump over Cadets, can they take 2nd? My gut says - BD 98.9, Cadets 97.4, CC 97.2, Bloo 96.6, SCV 96.1.

I agree with these numbers, but if BD can take perc/brass they will be over 99.

• Like 1

Judges need to create upsets and drama to keep DCI going--I predict Bluecoats in the finals--not before.

• Like 1

Judges need to create upsets and drama to keep DCI going--I predict Bluecoats in the finals--not before.

Judges need to score corps according to the sheets, not cause "drama" for the purposes of excitement.

• Like 4

For me, the hope is judges can see the corps' Saturday night performances as TOTALLY separate from anything they've seen, heard, or read about before. With the logjam we have within places 2 through 5, it should remain a possibility of a corps moving up or down 3 spots. Ideally, the panel should have absolutely no knowledge of what happened the day before. But, is that even possible?

Edited by Fred Windish

I think any of the 2 thru 4 corps are in range of silver, bronze, or Miss Congeniality... It's amazing that any of these shows could finish without a medal. Whoever it is will certainly be the best #4 show in history IMHO.

Cadets are surely the favorite for silver, but if Coats or Crown find a way to get it just as squeeky clean and sell the crap out of it in Quarters and Semis they have a shot. Vanguard doing the same could net them a bronze (outside chance I know, but stranger things have happened and I adore their show).

Edited by Super Don-O