No more chopped arrangements - please!

- Cadets show is only suitable if you have ADD.

Thank you for that. :laugh:

I agree. It's gotten too patchy.

Edited by luv4corps

And not Phantom? I thought their arrangements of the Tchaikovsky music was pretty good..and I believe it's all from one source...Swan Lake....right?

Nope. There's something from King Kong, a Dracula ballet, and some other piece I don't remember.

Back from Allentown.

- Troopers got 2 standing O's because they played most or all of America the Beautiful.

- Why doesn't Crown play all, or at least the best part (chorus) of Major Tom?

- Crossmen plays bits and pieces of Caravan and when they finally get to the jam, it's not as special b/c we didn't go through the build up to it.

- Cadets show is only suitable if you have ADD.

I agree 100%.

I miss this show structure:

Opener

Drum Solo

Concert

Production

Closer

Please just play the song close to the way that it was written

• Like 1

So let me get this straight........95% of all corps (open and world class) perform fairly traditional music and drill, with nuance and originality of course...but largely traditional....(minimal or no chopped charts, no scatter drill, etc)............ AND we want that other 5% to frickin' get in line! :blink: What a completely boring and unimaginative concept. I want DC designers (music and visual) to explore as much as they have imagination to do. If it doesn't work, it will give them a measure to adjust from and make better.....all for our benefit. I say Chop Away!

• Like 4

I agree 100%.

I miss this show structure:

Opener

Drum Solo

Concert

Production

Closer

Please just play the song close to the way that it was written

Ah, I guess your era was after the end of the color pre, or did you just forget it?

I saw and played in enough of those type of shows in the 60's and 70's, and they were great...in the 60's and 70's.

I like today, for today.

• Like 2

The ultimate arbiter of 'creative license' will be the marketplace. Judging from what I've seen and heard this year, the consumers are reacting more positively than they have in years. This, during an obvious return back to melody. Hmmm.

For the health of DCI's business side, I hope this season is not just a brief anomaly.

• Like 1