To those who REALLY dislike Cadets show:

If you're in Indianapolis right now ready to attend any of the DCI World Class championship events, and you're one of those folks who really hates this show, or even worse you're one of those people who goes out of their way to desribe ten times a day on DCP how much you virulently dislike this show in every show thread or other thread about the Cadets, this message is for you.

Please do yourself a favor, and everyone else in the stadium a favor who might actually enjoy this program or are simply looking to give every corps on the field the respect of their full attention during these championship events, and simply STAY AWAY. Go use the rest room. Go get a hot dog. Go walk around and stretch your legs. Go pick your nose. Go do something more constructive with those fifteen minutes and let the other folks inside the stadium enjoy the show without your incessant negativity spoiling their enjoyment of the evening.

It will be better for them because many of them in the audience are just looking to enjoy the evening and celebrate the activity, or at the very least even if the Cadets aren't their favorite corps this year, they're more willing to put their personal dislike of the show aside and give the performers the basic respect of honoring their efforts in being one of the greatest drum corps on the planet right now.

It will be better for the corps because they deserve to perform in front of a receptive and respectful audience who appreciates their efforts, even if the fans don't all love the show as much as they love some other shows this year. Many of the kids in the corps are aging out, and even more of them might be having the greatest experience of their lives this summer performing this show. It would probably be better if they got to enjoy the culmination of that experience with an audience who is more openly willing to appreciate their efforts.

It will also be better for you because you won't have your tastes offended with this show that makes you cringe so much. You won't have to listen to what you consider to be all the cheesy narration. You won't have sit through what you consider to be pandering patriotic crap even if others around you are on their feet giving a standing ovation before the last notes are even finished playing. You can begin the process of moving on with your life in anticpation of next year, when you can get your panties in a twist about some other show you feel the need to comment ten times a day on DCP about how much you hate it.

And selfishly, I admit, it will be better for me. Because I know I won't have to sit next to you.

Thank you. You have a very nice drum corps.

:bleah:

• Like 7

this could be said any year for several corps. but I guess it needed it's own thread.

• Like 6

If you're in Indianapolis right now ready to attend any of the DCI World Class championship events, and you're one of those folks who really hates this show, or even worse you're one of those people who goes out of their way to desribe ten times a day on DCP how much you virulently dislike this show in every show thread or other thread about the Cadets, this message is for you.

Please do yourself a favor, and everyone else in the stadium a favor who might actually enjoy this program or are simply looking to give every corps on the field the respect of their full attention during these championship events, and simply STAY AWAY. Go use the rest room. Go get a hot dog. Go walk around and stretch your legs. Go pick your nose. Go do something more constructive with those fifteen minutes and let the other folks inside the stadium enjoy the show without your incessant negativity spoiling their enjoyment of the evening.

It will be better for them because many of them in the audience are just looking to enjoy the evening and celebrate the activity, or at the very least even if the Cadets aren't their favorite corps this year, they're more willing to put their personal dislike of the show aside and give the performers the basic respect of honoring their efforts in being one of the greatest drum corps on the planet right now.

It will be better for the corps because they deserve to perform in front of a receptive and respectful audience who appreciates their efforts, even if the fans don't all love the show as much as they love some other shows this year. Many of the kids in the corps are aging out, and even more of them might be having the greatest experience of their lives this summer performing this show. It would probably be better if they got to enjoy the culmination of that experience with an audience who is more openly willing to appreciate their efforts.

It will also be better for you because you won't have your tastes offended with this show that makes you cringe so much. You won't have to listen to what you consider to be all the cheesy narration. You won't have sit through what you consider to be pandering patriotic crap even if others around you are on their feet giving a standing ovation before the last notes are even finished playing. You can begin the process of moving on with your life in anticpation of next year, when you can get your panties in a twist about some other show you feel the need to comment ten times a day on DCP about how much you hate it.

And selfishly, I admit, it will be better for me. Because I know I won't have to sit next to you.

Where was this post the past 2 years for BD? :tounge2:

I agree with you though! All the corps deserve a receptive response.

• Like 4

Regardless of if you like a show or not, it is not fair to the MM to show your disregard for what they are performing. All these kids bust their collective butts to perform what's been given them. If you have nothing nice to say at Indy, best not say anything.

Thank you for doing this.. Now one question...How can I get away from the same people..doing the same thing..over and over.. in forum..after forum..after forum...lol..with my luck I will be sitting next to him.her . :grrr:

• Like 1

gosh I didn't know the show was "so hated" it needed it's own thread

I've seen it live several times - saw a few folks looking "bored" but no one was outright rude - just a tad indifferent

I've seen "hated" shows in the past -- Star 93, a few BD productions, Cadets 2006/2007 - this one is more "appreciated" than "loved" but not really "hated" by many IMO

Seems like most folks can appreciate the performance quality!

• Like 2

The Cadets don't have much to worry about. If their show was in 1st going into nats week, it might be a bigger issue (disgustingly so).

Hopefully there won't be many 'superfans' (the ones who know everything and feel the activity is about nothing but them) voicing their displeasure. I don't like their show at all, but everyone should acknowledge the excellence in that corps this summer.

This goes for every corps, of course.

I'm thinking some of this negativity is still G7 blowback. That's a shame. But, even those who would support Cadets till their final breath must admit, the 2014 show design exposed itself to certain criticisms, primarily the amount of spoken word. Live narration/recorded speech overlays, etc. have more so been attacked than praised since arriving to DCI Add in the dominating stage structure, and the target on Cadets' back is one of the biggest out there.

I'm sure the vast majority of a crowd that goes to the trouble and expense of attending Championships will be the type of audience that can respond in a more mature and knowledgeable way. This group will be mostly in awe. With such high degree of talent and execution that's so obvious in this year's Cadets, how can they not?

Thank you, Cadets.

I'm thinking some of this negativity is still G7 blowback. That's a shame. But, even those who would support Cadets till their final breath must admit, the 2014 show design exposed itself to certain criticisms, primarily the amount of spoken word. Live narration/recorded speech overlays, etc. have more so been attacked than praised since arriving to DCI Add in the dominating stage structure, and the target on Cadets' back is one of the biggest out there.

I'm sure the vast majority of a crowd that goes to the trouble and expense of attending Championships will be the type of audience that can respond in a more mature and knowledgeable way. This group will be mostly in awe. With such high degree of talent and execution that's so obvious in this year's Cadets, how can they not?

Thank you, Cadets.

I dont think its the G7 thing with most, Most are over it, totally , plus BD was part of it so were most of the top corps so unless its a HOP thing . Which if thats the case makes the opinon on a show even less creditable IMO

in my opinion, I dont care if you love or hate a show, love or hate the staff, EVERY CORPS get a standing opinion. You are not aplauding the show or the staff you are clapping for the KIDS who have worked non-stop for the last 2+ months to acheive a goal of being the best they can be. Anything thing less is insane to me.

• Like 1