Cadets Tarps

Well...on the Fan Network, the one in the back left...my wife and I both also thought it was Oprah..it might not be her, but on the TV, it sure does look like her. Couldn't see the others cleary.... I agree,IMO they are totally unnecessary and don't add anything to the show. I actually thought they were going to be the presidents...guess not...If they are just Joe public...I'm hurt that they didn't use me.. ;-)

Edited by G-Rott

I think they are embarrassing and tacky. I would call them an act of desperation. They GREATLY diminish the show experience for me.

• Like 5

The tarps are not nearly as ridiculous as some of the comments in this thread.

Not hard to do when the tarps set the bar so low.

• Like 1

They are a bunch of generic, multicultural stock photos like you would see in a bank ad. I honestly think they would have been more effective if they had used a few photos of some of the actual marching members instead. That adds a personal touch to the "we."

They are a bunch of generic, multicultural stock photos like you would see in a bank ad. I honestly think they would have been more effective if they had used a few photos of some of the actual marching members instead. That adds a personal touch to the "we."

Maybe they're going for a United Colors of Benetton effect....?

• Like 2

The _kid and I are sitting ing sec 240 and the tarps are white blobs from the stands, too. Talked with someone in the 600s and said they were beautiful. But I don't think either the judges or FN sit up there.

Edited by garfield

Someone that was in the 600 level yesterday (above the High Cam), told me he thought he could make out Oprah, Tom Cruise (from a Few Good Men), and Mr. Miyagi in three of them.

Seriously, not a racist thing.

Instead of old-fashioned tarps, Cadets should announce their twitter handle at the start of the show, then do a twitter blast of the Oprah pictures at the finale. They will get crazy bonus GE for incorporating social media into the show, and we will actually be able to see the pictures.