2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

Anyways, during retreat your season is not over. You are on the field, in uniform, in front of a huge audience. You're still performing, and still representing your corps. That doesn't mean you have to be harda##es like Cadets, but keep in mind how your behavior reflects on your corps. And it seems like most members do understand this. I'd say the disastrous retreat in 2008 had something to do with it.

Yes, perhaps people would prefer if the Cadets showed up drunk and puking like some other corps...

tumblr_mrg905QyyZ1qm6v3vo1_500.jpg

Here's one member who didn't know, but learned very quickly.

Anyways, during retreat your season is not over. You are on the field, in uniform, in front of a huge audience. You're still performing, and still representing your corps. That doesn't mean you have to be harda##es like Cadets, but keep in mind how your behavior reflects on your corps. And it seems like most members do understand this. I'd say the disastrous retreat in 2008 had something to do with it.

For starters, you don't even know what was said to him. The corps always has had mad respect for other organizations. It's just an age out who was having fun. In all honesty, you guys take this activity way too seriously if you're going to make an example out of them.

How about you call out the bluecoats percussion who were a real problem that night? Drinking before retreat and destroying equipment doesn't sound like a smart idea.

It could be as simple as the entire corps saluting the winning corps as they exit the field, just like a traditional military unit passing the reviewing stand (just carry the horns in the left hands).

(read GH's facebook post, but don't see how adding a salute as they quickly exit would be a problem, and it would help clear up for the uneducated in the stands that no disrespect was intended).

the drum majors did salute!!

tumblr_mrg905QyyZ1qm6v3vo1_500.jpg

Here's one member who didn't know, but learned very quickly.

Who gives a ####. He was just chilling out and preparing for his part in immortal.

I remember Cavies falling all over the place when that happened. I remember seeing pics of BD looking like they had just been punched in the gut ..... weren't they undefeated up until that point? Anything else happen?

May have been answered, not sure, or just not care at this point. Cavies beat BD in Allentown the week prior.

For starters, you don't even know what was said to him. The corps always has had mad respect for other organizations. It's just an age out who was having fun. In all honesty, you guys take this activity way too seriously if you're going to make an example out of them.

How about you call out the bluecoats percussion who were a real problem that night? Drinking before retreat and destroying equipment doesn't sound like a smart idea.

Don't take my post too seriously. I don't think he made a major infraction or anything like that (he at least wasn't throwing jolly ranchers and giggling like a schoolgirl), though I think it speaks volumes that some people still get hyper-defensive about that retreat even six years on. I don't care what shenanigans a corps gets up to in retreat as long as they keep it inside their ten yards.

And yes, BC was at fault that night. I don't mind saying it. At least that hasn't been repeated since.

Who gives a ####. He was just chilling out and preparing for his part in immortal.

I can name at least one person who gives a ####. Hint: He's in the picture too!

• Like 1

Don't take my post too seriously. I don't think he made a major infraction or anything like that (he at least wasn't throwing jolly ranchers and giggling like a schoolgirl), though I think it speaks volumes that some people still get hyper-defensive about that retreat even six years on. I don't care what shenanigans a corps gets up to in retreat as long as they keep it inside their ten yards.

And yes, BC was at fault that night. I don't mind saying it. At least that hasn't been repeated since.

I can name at least one person who gives a ####. Hint: He's in the picture too!

########