2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

I don't feel I'm being "whiny" at all. I have had experience with beating BD in the past, and they were negative all 3 years I marched. If that has changed with BD I would love to hear it and welcome it, but from my personal experience, and the attacks and names I was called in retreat block, that is what I remember so that is what I put with BD when they do not win. I have two titles and a silver, why should I feel the need to whine?

I will say that the organization (BD) has spread their wings over the past few years. They are doing much more community service here in the east bay area. They are going into local high schools and helping out the band kids. They have the Diablo Wind Syphony. They are starting a new corps 25 and younger to travel to Europe next summer in addition to their current corps. My niece marched last year and this year and she always talks about being the best she/they can be. I do think they love to win, but I do not think that it the gauge of a successful summer. I am sorry that you were treated with disrespect, but there are always some bad apples. I will not tell you how bad it was between Cavies and Freelancers in 1984. (they passed us at Finals to get 8th and we dropped to 9th)

Cadets 2002 was patriotic. Cadets 2001 should have won high brass (fab horn line) and the show was awesome. Juxtaposition. I like patriotic shows (even if they have a tough road in the competitive arena), and Star 1992 is one of my favs. So is Cadets 1995--an absolute beast of a show. So the point was....?

That '95 Cadets show is one of my favorites. So elegant and moving, and a whole lotta fun.

• Like 1

A member of Blue Devils threw a shoe at Cadets while passing in review.

Well, you see, that is completely false. The Cadets weren't even on the field when the Blue Devils left. Blue Devils were 3rd. Vanguard was 2nd. Madison was 1st. The Cadets had already left the field. Got anything else?

• Like 1

I was up at Madeline Island on Lake Superior thurs through last night. Just catching up on the thread. Congrats to all the corps on one of the best season's in a VERY long time. All corps from top to bottom raised the bar this year from a performance standpoint. Some corps were a little hampered by design but they still performed their product at an extremely high level. Hats off to my Blue Stars for staying true to their motto and maxing out their product when it counts. FCO, The End Crowns The Work. Congrats.

Well during the finale they turned their backs on the audience.. Was there and couldn't believe what I was seeing.Was not very classy at all. The video on youtube is titled blue devils sore losers. Kinda lost all respect for them after that display Staff and all.

Huh? You mean the guys up front without any instruments (look like the it crew)?? They turned around to watch the guys playing the finale? I'm SHOCKED!!!

Look at the video (that you referenced). All the horn players are facing forward.

• Like 1

BD getting perfect caption scores is ridiculous. It is impossible for 150 human beings to perform an 11-1/2 minute show with no mistakes. There are lines that aren't straight, feet that aren't clean, forms that aren't fully developed, etc...

This is not an indictment against BD, but rather the judges & judging system.

BD getting perfect caption scores is ridiculous. It is impossible for 150 human beings to perform an 11-1/2 minute show with no mistakes. There are lines that aren't straight, feet that aren't clean, forms that aren't fully developed, etc...

This has been explained 150 times on these forums in just the last 12 hours. You just don't care to understand.

• Like 9

But, if the previously competing corps were given pretty high 19's and the judges felt the BD were several tenths better than those other corps, that only leaves a 20 doesn't it?

• Like 1