2015 Predictions

"When they used to medal ( over a decade ago ) they were not THIS secretive, imo"

pre-Fiedler age, no?

Yes.. it would appear. Although to be fair to SCV, lots of Corps protect their offseason stuff as if it was a matter of life or death.

So, JW is wrong. Hmmmm ... I don't think so.

Edit: We are talking about design -- not music, arranging, brass/perc/guard instruction. Those you've listed certainly contribute once the design is created, but they don't create it. IMHO

You stated Spirit has "a new design team."

Well, unless show design has changed drastically in the last 6 months and I am out of the loop, a design team usually consists of the following:

Program Coordinator/Head Designer/Program Director (what ever title various corps choose to use)

Visual director/Guard Caption head (sometimes both, sometimes this is the same person)

Drill writer (sometimes also the overall visual director/coordinator)

Brass arranger

Front Enemble arranger

These people all work together to bring an unified package together. Some contribute more than others. The vision can come largely from one, or from all in a very organic way, growing with each design call/meeting. In some years, one person may direct the vision more than others due to their particular strengths.

Arrangers are certainly designers, just as are the people that write the guard work, dance/body moves, etc. Anyone who creates is a designer, all contributing in a way that allows the show to be one of depth, coordination, etc. Instructors are those that teach, clean what has been designed. There are times where instructors may create/design a flag phrase, or horn body move, etc. as need and expertise are called opon at various times throughout the season.

The person that is most "hands on" is usually the program coordinator. According to Spirit's off season anouncements, this is the exact same person that created last year's debacle.

If corps no longer design as I have stated, my bad.

I'll stick with my assessment from yesterday, that the vast majority of this season's DCI marchers aren't reaching for their downloaded tunes of Miley Cyrus on their devices while on tour this summer, or when they get home. Some might be. But the vast majority won't be, imo. Thats my sense of it, anyway. But who knows.

I think it's certainly very possible if not likely that most dci marchers are going to be jamming to Miley Cyrus or at least party rocking to LMFAO.

• Like 1

I think it's certainly very possible if not likely that most dci marchers are going to be jamming to Miley Cyrus

Highly, highly doubt it. But its nice to see the Miley Cyrus Appreciation Society.. DCP edition... is out in force the last 24 hours making themselves known on the DCI Placement Prediction thread ( lol!)

Highly, highly doubt it. But its nice to see the Miley Cyrus Appreciation Society.. DCP edition... is out in force the last 24 hours making themselves known on the DCI Placement Prediction thread ( lol!)

Well most drum corps could certainly learn a few things from her I think.

Fiedler believes there is something powerful about coming out at your first competition and performing something nobody has heard or seen at all. As much as I love little teases, I'm inclined to agree with him. At least with the backstage stuff we get to see what they are doing a bit

Source: Fiedler himself when I auditioned for SCV for the 2014 season

Edited by Clutchtow

I predict that Miley Cyrus will soon take a stage bow...midst a polite round of applause from her admiring DCP fans...exit right.... and the stage curtain will come down, and with her final exit, a HUGE burst of applause will be heard throughout the DCP Kingdom, now that the Pop Queen has departed us.