2015 Predictions

I dearly love my Cadets and am amazed with how well they are doing this early in the season. However, after the Indy premiere show and the Muncie stand-still, I'm going to predict that Bluecoats will take it all.

This is clearly a hunch, but I sense an aura surrounding Bluecoats this year that radiates confidence, as though the corps knows their time has come.

No idea how the rest of the top 5 will fall. But I also think Cavaliers may surprise a few people and not be far off fifth place. All the elements are there if they have the horses to pull it off.

• Like 1

This is clearly a hunch, but I sense an aura surrounding Bluecoats this year that radiates confidence, as though the corps knows their time has come.

THIS. I sensed it last year too and they ended up having their best season yet. They have worked incredibly hard to get to the level that they're at and if they keep pushing and working hard to make this show great, they can definitely take it all.

Of the top 5 corps, each of them are still in this race. SCV has been nipping at BD, Crown closed in on Cadets, and Bluecoats have beat Cadets and Crown and when they haven't they are close. So to this point it's anyone's game. My slight edge goes to Bluecoats on GE alone, or possibly BD. Cadets' performances levels will make it hard on any corps to beat them short of BD, and Crown and SCV will have something to say about that as well. We should enjoy it.

I'm not sure when I last saw a spread this wide between 5th and 6th place. I do believe Cavaliers are firmly entrenched there. Phantom and BK are excellent shows from what I have seen on DCI Live, but I'd give to edge to Cavies on total design. The Cavaliers just need to get the performance levels up and that show will be rockin.

Just a hunch here, but from what I saw of Boston the other day in Ohio, if Phantom, BK, Madison, or Crossmen are not careful I see Boston taking that 7th spot. I have no doubt they can. They've already beat Crossmen, and I believe they will beat Madison when they meet. To this point of the season Boston is the most night and day corps I've seen. At Akron they were ok, sub par by their standards. At BGSU they just floored me. I really believe that Boston show is on the rise. With the right tweaks and good cleaning I do feel they can take 7th.

Spirit of Atlanta has started somewhat slower this year, and most likely by their standards they are too dirty for this time of the season. But I saw a corps in them that has excellent potential. Not sure if the brass book has the Box 5 demand they need, but in time their brass is going to have a fantastic sound. When they played with a nice full sound I was totally loving the sound of their brass and especially those new Kanstul brass horns. I feel the same way about the Troopers. They are just really dirty, but perhaps even more than Spirit they have an amazing vehicle that could potentially take them into the top 12.

• Like 3

typically we can tell which 2 or 3 shows will be contending for a title by this point in the season. but so far these top 5 are championship quality shows, that if performed well enough would probably win in a different season.

The questions about who will win depend on judging, and with it, captions.

Crown and BD will likely be 1 2 in brass (in some order). Not to say things cant change, but lets be realistic. And someone out of SCV, Bluecoats, and Cadets will be 5th.

In percussion we have 4 percussion juggernauts in SCV, BD, Cadets, and Bloo, and crown isn't too far off anymore. Crown will likely get 5th here though, with how the others have been performing. But whether SCV, Cadets, or Bluecoats can get first here will really make up for their brass score. Not to mention of BD manage to get 4th in percussion, that will influence their ability to win this year? yes, but how much?

Color guard is another messy situation. BD has been the standard in color guard for a while now, but Crown is besting the east in this caption and SCV have even topped BD in a show, and have been narrowly behind at other shows. With CG being a weak spot for the cadets this season, they really need to improve on the other corps here if they want the gold.

VP is mostly cleanliness, and i believe that SCV and Cadets have the most room to gain from cleaning than the others. Just my opinion, but with how SCV's drill is designed it definitely looks messier when the members don't hit their dots than i feel BD or the bluecoats. Meanwhile the cadets strength is typically marching excellence, and when this caption is weak their scores do suffer. Their uniforms definitely don't hide any mistakes, and cleanliness in this show will elevate it.

If these corps continue to compete at this level, each regional will be very exciting, especially the recaps. Which i imagine will be very jumbled and no corps will be getting straight 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, or 5s.

• Like 1

This could seriously be a year where no corps wins more than a single caption. Has that ever happened before?

Just a hunch here, but from what I saw of Boston the other day in Ohio, if Phantom, BK, Madison, or Crossmen are not careful I see Boston taking that 7th spot. I have no doubt they can. They've already beat Crossmen, and I believe they will beat Madison when they meet. To this point of the season Boston is the most night and day corps I've seen. At Akron they were ok, sub par by their standards. At BGSU they just floored me. I really believe that Boston show is on the rise. With the right tweaks and good cleaning I do feel they can take 7th.

I think the LaCrosse team might have something to say about allot of this. Though their last meet was almost a week ago, BS 4 pointed BAC.

• Like 1

I think the LaCrosse team might have something to say about allot of this. Though their last meet was almost a week ago, BS 4 pointed BAC.

Yes, I forgot to mention Blue Stars. My bad. And I really like that show, too. But yes, I would not put it past Boston to even knock them off. Maybe not now, but time will tell. As I said, just a hunch.

• Like 2

Oh please. I want BD to win it this year, but I guess I'm on the Bluecoats bandwagon..

I haven't seem them live but from what I could see/hear so far, I *like * BD this year.

Which invariably means they will not win. '95, '98 '00, '06 -- all shows (and music) I loved from BD. None of them won.

• Like 1

This could seriously be a year where no corps wins more than a single caption. Has that ever happened before?

Do you mean performance caption (guard, brass, percussion) or do you mean GE, Visual, and Music?