Staff merrigoround

Horn teacher...

We are in agreement that Eleran did not say, nor did I, that Eleran was bullied.

This is his post on the Boston thread (page 15, #141) on which I based my comment; also note he nevers says what corps it was; Boston is his son's future hope as is Surf.:

" Being a very young member of a corps can be very tough."

"That was a big part of his experience last year, starting camps at age 13, and taking what he felt was a lot of crap from other MMs which was directed at him mostly because of his age and being a rookie. But I'm helping to side-track a perfectly good Boston thread, and I don't want to do that, so.... "

Edited by xandandl

That sometimes older folks (whether by age or tenure of being in a place longer) presume an elitism that sometimes bullies and sometimes closes itself off to truth and even wisdom merely because it is uttered by someone younger or who hasn't been around as long.

At least the way I was taught the values of life in drum corps, you don't automatically put yourself up just because you put another person/corps down.

Bullying by attitude, action, and discrimination is still alive in some circles of our activity, as in life, just at a time when education and society is addressing how demeaning and un-human it is.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Not understanding the JT hate. At all. He's a fantastic designer who has created some pretty amazing visual packages. A down year or two does not indicate that he has lost it. I'm sad to see him go. But personally, I want to see a much larger improvement in their musical package than their visual.

agreed. Jamey wasn't given the greatest of concepts the last few years to work with, and often made chicken salad out of chicken ####

• Like 5

agreed. Jamey wasn't given the greatest of concepts the last few years to work with, and often made chicken salad out of chicken ####

That's what that aftertaste was. Hmmm. The more you know.

That's making the most of what you have...and to think they were aiming for swans.

You win. I simply cannot stand to be part of this site right now with people forwarding the most ridiculous replies to anything.

ok what did I do now?

ok what did I do now?

I don't think it's you, Jeff.