Staff merrigoround

As a followup to my post #542, I would like to welcome JudeB, JeremyH, RodF and JohnL to our corps.

Thank you as well to all those who have chosen to remain and rebuild the Regiment.

And thanks to JameyT and MattJ for all that they have contributed to the Regiment's success. We wish you well.

My hope is that the emphasis with the new Design Team is on TEAM and that the entire staff does what is necessary to, as Tim Hinton mentioned recently and with which I agree, "re-voice" the corps in music. I think Tim was primarily referencing the brass element but I would encourage an overall program re-voicing.

There has been much discussion recently re the staff changes and staff histories. I do not know any of the new guys so as far as I am concerned the slate is clean. Let's judge their results in August, 2015.

P.S. Lincoln, please stay involved in our discussions.

P.P.S. Is it about time to start a 2015 Phantom Regiment forum? How about an October 1, 2014 start date?

1956OPR...I like your style.

You've been touchy lately. What gives?

I can't deal with the negativity on hear every year that comes up. It's enough. Let Phantom be Phantom. I don't decide what goes on and no one else who isn't directly involved with the group should try to either.

I hope they get every single person who marched last year, who is eligible to march, to come back.

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 3

I can't deal with the negativity on hear every year that comes up. It's enough. Let Phantom be Phantom. I don't decide what goes on and no one else who isn't directly involved with the group should try to either.

I hope they get every single person who marched last year, who is eligible to march, to come back.

Atta Boy...er...Man!!! :cool:

Really embarrassing reading pages and pages of grown --- adults arguing about a youth activity.

I'm not sure that everyone that posts here are grown adults. I think we run the gamut of ages.

Otherwise, adults can and do argue about almost everything. I'm not sure why this would be particularly more embarrassing than any other topic such as college football or even high school football.

• Like 2

In my 2:21pm post earlier today, I referenced Tim Hinton, a distinguished former PR MM.

Not too long ago, chaos001 had suggested listening to what Tim had to say on a Marching Roundtable audio discussion. Unfortunately, I could not find chaos001's post so as to give him credit for alerting us to this interesting take on the Regiment's 2014 production. It remains worthwhile.

Edited by 1956OPR
  • Like 2

In my 2:21pm post earlier today, I referenced Tim Hinton, a distinguished former PR MM.

Not too long ago, chaos001 had suggested listening to what Tim had to say on a Marching Roundtable audio discussion. Unfortunately, I could not find chaos001's post so as to give him credit for alerting us to this interesting take on the Regiment's 2014 production. It remains worthwhile.

Awww, thanks.

I enjoy that podcast and think Tim and Dr. Allison (especially) bring up concerns and topics that they explore and explain well.

It seemed to me that Tim wanted to say more, but refrained. I definitely agree and have pointed out that the hornline's voicing isn't that bass rich sound that it used to be and could be developed if written for.

• Like 2

Awww, thanks.

I enjoy that podcast and think Tim and Dr. Allison (especially) bring up concerns and topics that they explore and explain well.

It seemed to me that Tim wanted to say more, but refrained. I definitely agree and have pointed out that the hornline's voicing isn't that bass rich sound that it used to be and could be developed if written for.

Which episode of the pod, chaos?

I'm not sure that everyone that posts here are grown adults. I think we run the gamut of ages.

Otherwise, adults can and do argue about almost everything. I'm not sure why this would be particularly more embarrassing than any other topic such as college football or even high school football.

my mother called me an adult once.

once