Staff merrigoround

Looks like BOA has taken over PR. Signs of desperation or the case of selecting staff willing to suck up to the BIG KAHUNA

Edited by Pes49

Looks like BOA has taken over PR. Signs of desperation or the case of selecting staff willing to suck up to the BIG KAHUNA

Are your comments geared toward the fact that some of PR's additions aren't big "DCI names" or because they have made their careers thus far with BOA programs?

You do realize that people need to start someplace, and if BOA groups are where they got their start, that doesn't mean they're bad.

Cadets won in 2005 with a show that that was first used by a marching band, and not a BOA band.

It's not like being associated with a marching band means a group can't be quality.

Where are you coming from with your comment?

It's weird the same people that espouse the "marching arts" can't get past DCI is marching band. Why can't talent be brought from the other way considering there are a LOT more?

• Like 5

Is "people need to start someplace" the state to which PR has fallen?

There's probably several reasons PR has trouble attracting top talent, or "big DCI" names as someone wrote.

I remember quite clearly being told "where to go" - I wasn't the only one. I also remember some posts being removed the next day due to lots of "######"

Guess I need to think before I write, I just struggle with people that dismiss BOA as though it is inferior on all levels.

The pathetic thing too, is most that complain about it believe that they are just prop, electronic, and woodwind heavy groups that do cheesy shows, when in reality it is VERY far from that.

But I'm not going to sit here and try to convince myself that people #####ing about BOA have actually watched the top groups in that activity.

Just people throwing stones at things they don't know anything about. Because if they weren't, they would realize just how much involvement the top DCI designers have with, and take from BOA.

Is "people need to start someplace" the state to which PR has fallen?

There's probably several reasons PR has trouble attracting top talent, or "big DCI" names as someone wrote.

First off, since when does PR have trouble attracting top talent? PR placed 3rd not that long ago, and won a championship not that long ago either.

Second, there are and have always been big name people on their staff. Just because some don't recognize names doesn't mean that they're new to the activity. Many of the staff members and caption heads are returning, and the new ones have been involved with DCI corps, so where does the BOA thing come from?

Seems like a backhanded comment that has no basis of reality.

tesmusic,

the comment does have merit, if the goal is to be a consistent championship contender. PR is not right now

tesmusic,

the comment does have merit, if the goal is to be a consistent championship contender. PR is not right now

How so?

Where are the people that have only worked with BOA? Where are the people that are not qualified, show me, otherwise it's useless criticism with no foundation.

I too am interested to an answer to that question. PR, or any other top 12 corps is always in contention for the title. Unless we have slipped so far down the path of "because so and so teaches here they get X place automatically"? I sure hope not.