Staff merrigoround

Sorry, Jon and Zacharia. You're affiliations with the corps were under a different caption head, so do not speak like you know the specifics of the current situation. Locked legs are not taught, but are largely ignored. No surprise since the caption head himself was guilty of it as a member.

oh goody, the "don't do that" comments are back on DCP.

Because there can't be any logic to their postings, such as speaking to current members or spending time with the corps.

No, clearly they're wrong since their caption head's are gone now.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1

They say the proof is in the pudding so I guess we'll know next summer. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I see what they do. (Not that my opinion matters anyway, LOL.)

• Like 3

That's the great thing about DCP, year1buick, you can have an opinion and post it here.

They say the proof is in the pudding so I guess we'll know next summer. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I see what they do. (Not that my opinion matters anyway, LOL.)

Or you could just criticize them right away and have new DCP members appear to criticize someone who has been there for years - both through high placement and lower placement years.

• Like 1

how does the number of years on DCP officially in any way correlate with the veracity, wisdom, or paucity of anything posted no matter how long the person has been an official DCP poster?

That sort of reasoning is akin to saying only the original top 12 finalists can tell us anything about drum corps and that noobies like Star and Crown can not?

It really smacks of the back of the bus bullying the man (Eleran) on the Boston thread with the 15 year old son who seeks to audition there or at Surf has experienced.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

But there's a bigger looming issue: something about the organization (many have said that it's a particular individual) that makes high competent people not want to hang around.

I think you're right. Without divulging any names, I was able to observe PR for a couple days during their spring training in 2010 because my friend was on staff (no longer). Their mantra that year was that they were going to go from 1st, to 9th, and 1st again that year. So their expectations were pretty high.

However, in those couple days I saw them they probably had 3-4 staff meetings because there was such vitriol and disagreement about petty things. Apparently one "big" issue was that at a staff party, one staff member "ordered" another to pass him/her a beer and they were offended. So I got the impression that there were problems to iron out.

Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot and had fun. You could just tell that it was frustrating for the staff that had the right priorities. It was just sad to see.

Edited by hammondbrass
  • Like 2

how does the number of years on DCP officially in any way correlate with the veracity, wisdom, or paucity of anything posted no matter how long the person has been an official DCP poster?

That sort of reasoning is akin to saying only the original top 12 finalists can tell us anything about drum corps and that noobies like Star and Crown can not?

It really smacks of the back of the bus bullying the man (Eleran) on the Boston thread with the 15 year old son who seeks to audition there or at Surf has experienced.

I'm not sure where you have seen this "bullying," and it's possible that it is I who have missed it. However, I've seen nothing but good-luck wishes extended to Eleran and his son -- certainly nothing which I would term as "bullying." If it is indeed I who has missed the boat, then you have my apologies.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1