Staff merrigoround

I too am interested to an answer to that question. PR, or any other top 12 corps is always in contention for the title. Unless we have slipped so far down the path of "because so and so teaches here they get X place automatically"? I sure hope not.

It's funny because people that are complaining about the new PR staff clearly do not know their qualifications, or are simply putting down these people because in addition to their drum corps experience, they happen to do some marching band work.

Can't wait to hear how this one is spun.

Guess I need to think before I write, I just struggle with people that dismiss BOA as though it is inferior on all levels.

Not at all. I just remember clearly some comments made on here earlier in the year.

Edited by Lincoln

Holy ####. Who gives a crap if PR is placing first or not?! The difference in talent between a 7th place corps and a 3rd or 4th place corps is not going to be very large. It's concerning to see how much people are bickering over PR's staff changes because of PLACEMENT rather than the entertainment value of their shows. There are plenty of 1st-3rd place shows that I would consider to be a snoozefest and would never listen to after one listen. So tell me, does it honestly matter if they're placing 1st or 7th? Not really.

Put things back in perspective. This is a competitive youth activity. PR is consistently in the top 7 of this said competitive youth activity. As long as PR remains true to PR and puts out entertaining shows while maintaining the talent levels they attract now, I think that this corps is in good condition. Now, whether they are entertaining or not is up to each and every single individual person's preference on this forum and can't exactly be argued.

• Like 4

Can't wait to hear how this one is spun.

I have no energy to try and reason or deal with some of the things being said. However, as pointed out by some nice people here, it's not always about having to deal with what's been said.

I like the corps. I wish them the best.

• Like 1

Holy ####. Who gives a crap if PR is placing first or not?! The difference in talent between a 7th place corps and a 3rd or 4th place corps is not going to be very large. It's concerning to see how much people are bickering over PR's staff changes because of PLACEMENT rather than the entertainment value of their shows. There are plenty of 1st-3rd place shows that I would consider to be a snoozefest and would never listen to after one listen. So tell me, does it honestly matter if they're placing 1st or 7th? Not really.

Put things back in perspective. This is a competitive youth activity. PR is consistently in the top 7 of this said competitive youth activity. As long as PR remains true to PR and puts out entertaining shows while maintaining the talent levels they attract now, I think that this corps is in good condition. Now, whether they are entertaining or not is up to each and every single individual person's preference on this forum and can't exactly be argued.

Although I agree with you , don't underestimate what placements mean. They do to many fans ,although there are those who say not but then argue placements. Members or Admin. or staff just might be or in the need of tangible success. It's still a competition.

• Like 2

Now Cappybara, there you go again, using logic. This is DCP, you need to make absurd accusations with no knowledge or merit to support it.

Although I agree with you , don't underestimate what placements mean. They do to many fans ,although there are those who say not but then argue placements. Members or Admin. or staff just might be or in the need of tangible success. It's still a competition.

But placing 1st or 7th, you're still attracting great talent.

Pedigree isn't everything. I've seen plenty of "big name" designed shows that I thought were awful. I think some of these conclusions (good and bad) are a little premature. Let's see what they put on the field first.

• Like 1

YES, I agree with that

I believe that is what Cappybara meant.