MADISON SCOUTS 2015

You know, even though it's just a bunch hopeful speculation, a Part Tres of A Drum Corps Fan's Dream would actually be a great idea on the design team's part.

Just look at the facts. It will be 19 years since Part Dos this summer, and 20 years since Part Uno. The shows are titled in a way that allows multiple parts, so a Part Tres wouldn't be considered a rehash of old stuff(so long as the design team keeps things fresh and introduces new ideas rather than defaulting to generic Spanish Phrygian Mode jams).

Plus, Madison is in need of a revival of its image and the way younger audiences view them. A ########, balls to the wall, unforgettable show that reflects Madison's old identity while bringing new things to the table would definitely spark new interest in them.

Just some thoughts I had. I'm sure whatever this new design team chooses to do will be awesome anyways.

I like the cut of your jib.

My vote is for something safe but not trite for the first year for the new design team...say Gershwin or City of Angels.

My vote is for latin jazz. No one else is doing it & the crowd will eat it up.

• Like 2

City of Angels or some type of pirate show would be my choice.

I would like to see them do something totally new that hasn't been done before, yet showcases that Madison

aggressive, in your face style. I also hope they put a lot more emphasis on visual excitement and

stunning guard work!

• Like 3

I would like to see them do something totally new that hasn't been done before, yet showcases that Madison

aggressive, in your face style. I also hope they put a lot more emphasis on visual excitement and

stunning guard work!

I agree with this totally. I want to see something new from Madison, yet something that is distinctly a "Scouts Show." Oddly enough, I have no idea what that would be. Do you have any more specific stuff? I would've thought on its face last year's show would've fit that description, but for me personally it didn't quite end up that way.

For madalumni, or theyremovingit, or others I'd love to hear specific source examples. I'm not trying to pick a fight or even an argument: I'd really love to hear ideas of what fans (and alumni especially) think would be the ideal "something new but something obviously Madison Scouts style" rep for 2015

• Like 1

I don't know how difficult it would be with music rights and licensing, but if Madison did decide to go with something totally new I would like to see them do something with two pieces of music: the music from "Man of Steele" and "The Abyss". You have a combination of something powerful, beautiful and emotional.

I might be wrong about this, but in 2007 Scouts had a major setback with pretty much a whole staff change and having mostly rookies that year. It was basically a brand new corps with the same name. It takes a while for a "new" corps to actually be a top competitor. I believe that with the new 2015 staff things are really gonna head into a positive direction, even more now that Boerma is making a return. Thats my opinion.