MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Nope, that's not it. Check my post, I was speaking in general terms about whether or not there would be a significant revenue advantage or not.

Wow! Just because a corps posts more information in the off season would make you want to donate or buy more from them? How so? Suppose the corps who is relatively quiet in the off season puts out a program that you like better in the summer over the one that put more information out in the off season. Would you still donate or buy more from the one that put out more info during the off season, although the other corps put out a product that you end up liking more?

It's the whole package. If a corps puts out a good product consistently, they run a solid organization, AND they keep their fans engaged all throughout the year by not going into uber-super secret stealth mode, that's the corps that's getting my money - and I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way.

The corps could turn this activity into a year-round activity instead of a two-month activity similar to what the NFL has done with their product. The Cadets continue to demonstrate that it can be done, and I bet if you ask Hop he'll tell you one of the reasons he does it is that it helps their bottom line.

• Like 1

Now I'm really confused! http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Spooge

I'm still back at "A Scout is reverent..."

It's not a term used by the corps.

Do you think some corps just wait until all the pieces of their show are in place versus announcing really early only to scrap it? Cadets announced a Pearl Harbor show a few years back only to change it to 12.25

• Like 1

Do you think some corps just wait until all the pieces of their show are in place versus announcing really early only to scrap it? Cadets announced a Pearl Harbor show a few years back only to change it to 12.25

That may be true.

For a corps where that might be true, my question would be - what really happens if you do have to change what you announced to the general public? What happened to Cadets when they did change from Pearl Harbor to 12.25 - nothing, absolutely nothing. They still had a good season, I doubt they lost any fans by changing something they already announced, and they didn't cause irreparable damage to their organization or the activity.

I don't doubt that some corps wait until their entire show is in place to announce, but the sun will still come up tomorrow if they (gasp!) have to change something they already announced.

That may be true.

For a corps where that might be true, my question would be - what really happens if you do have to change what you announced to the general public? What happened to Cadets when they did change from Pearl Harbor to 12.25 - nothing, absolutely nothing. They still had a good season, I doubt they lost any fans by changing something they already announced, and they didn't cause irreparable damage to their organization or the activity.

I don't doubt that some corps wait until their entire show is in place to announce, but the sun will still come up tomorrow if they (gasp!) have to change something they already announced.

AS it will if a corps chooses NOT to announce which should be their choice.

• Like 2

AS it will if a corps chooses NOT to announce which should be their choice.

True, but they also risk alienating their paying fans that support them by going that route.

Again, the corps could turn this great activity of ours into a 12-month activity instead of a 2-month activity if they so choose.

True, but they also risk alienating their paying fans that support them by going that route.

Again, the corps could turn this great activity of ours into a 12-month activity instead of a 2-month activity if they so choose.

I really dont think anyone lost fans because they dont announce a show. Yet run a huge risk of arm chair critiques when announcing. Could be good or bad either way.

Its nice when a corps chooses to announce BUT I dont see anything wrong with choosing not to. jmo

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

I really dont think anyone lose fans because they dont announce a show..

Based on what I have seen, experienced, and heard since I have been following the activity (1985 - present), I would like to respectfully disagree.

Do the armchair critiques affect a corps other than possibly bruising their ego?