MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Feeling entitled to know every bit of info instantly is one thing, but there are plenty of fans out there that just want to get excited about a corps they like between the middle of August and the middle of June.

Does the fact that Cadets put out lots of information during the offseason make me want to donate to them or buy more stuff from them because of this instead of another corps who doesn't put out any offseason info - you betcha...

There are also plenty out there that will put on their armchair directors hat and critique, question, assume how the show will be a failure.

Announcements may also cause some to donate or purchase things from the corps, but I seriously doubt it would help the corps significantly.

As I've stated, Chris Komnick has great reasons for waiting on an announcement-including making sure the legal bases are covered-and if people really need an answer contact him, he's open about discussing the subject.

• Like 2

Feeling entitled to know every bit of info instantly is one thing, but there are plenty of fans out there that just want to get excited about a corps they like between the middle of August and the middle of June.

Does the fact that Cadets put out lots of information during the offseason make me want to donate to them or buy more stuff from them because of this instead of another corps who doesn't put out any offseason info - you betcha...

Exactly!

Announcements may also cause some to donate or purchase things from the corps, but I seriously doubt it would help the corps significantly.

You're assuming that I'm talking about donating only like $5 in Cadets' fuel jar at their souvie trailer or buying a $20 t-shirt from them and not Bill Cook type assistance.

Yes, there are plenty of reasons that corps might not put out show info until the very last nanosecond, but as the Cadets demonstrate every year, it is possible to keep a corps' fans engaged year round and possibly gain more fans and more revenue as a result.

Yes, Cadets possibly open themselves up to pre-season criticism by doing what they do, but I don't think that possibility has hurt them one bit over the years.

You're assuming that I'm talking about donating only like $5 in Cadets' fuel jar at their souvie trailer or buying a $20 t-shirt from them and not Bill Cook type assistance.

Nope, that's not it. Check my post, I was speaking in general terms about whether or not there would be a significant revenue advantage or not.

Edited by tesmusic

Wow! Just because a corps posts more information in the off season would make you want to donate or buy more from them? How so? Suppose the corps who is relatively quiet in the off season puts out a program that you like better in the summer over the one that put more information out in the off season. Would you still donate or buy more from the one that put out more info during the off season, although the other corps put out a product that you end up liking more?

My kid says vets are cool, food is good, opener is spooge-worthy.

I read that as "sponge worthy"

#iwatchtoomuchseinfeld