MADISON SCOUTS 2015

maybe thats the reason..............people will be talking about it. or critiquing .

Not only critiquing it, but there is also the fact that it may take months to get clearance for music rights.

That would then mean that the design team would need to have the music picked possibly 6 months or more in advance, which puts them in the middle of the previous season. Just wouldn't work.

It cracks me up that people feel as fans they are entitled to information when they're not involved or supporting the various corps in any way.

It wasn't that long ago when most had no idea of what a corps was performing until June.

• Like 1

It cracks me up that people feel as fans they are entitled to information when they're not involved or supporting the various corps in any way.

Objection. Calls for pre-supposition in the testimony. Rash judgment.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Not only critiquing it, but there is also the fact that it may take months to get clearance for music rights.

That would then mean that the design team would need to have the music picked possibly 6 months or more in advance, which puts them in the middle of the previous season. Just wouldn't work.

It wasn't that long ago when most had no idea of what a corps was performing until June.

Actually, it *was* that long ago at this point.

And as far as "fans entitled to information," well, if you want more fans, then yeah, information should be shared. It's nice that there are folks out there that say "yay, there is a Springfield Summer Youth Musical this year!," but many more will engage if they know exactly what musical it is...

Mike

Actually, it *was* that long ago at this point.

And as far as "fans entitled to information," well, if you want more fans, then yeah, information should be shared. It's nice that there are folks out there that say "yay, there is a Springfield Summer Youth Musical this year!," but many more will engage if they know exactly what musical it is...

Mike

Yes it is nice when someone shares information for those who need a fix during the off months. BUT IMO this is not nor should be an entitlement as some feel.

Definitely not an entitlement, and I get the copyright issues. With that said, an announcement of the show 'theme" and some information about the direction the corps wants to go in and some hints as to the type of show and type of music never hurts. If anything it almost generates more interest than putting EVERYTHING out there because the speculation starts to run rampant.

en·ti·tle·ment

inˈtīdlmənt,enˈtīdlmənt/

noun

noun: entitlement; plural noun: entitlements

1. the fact of having a right to something.

"full entitlement to fees and maintenance should be offered"

synonyms:

right, prerogative, claim; More

"their entitlement to benefits"

• the amount to which a person has a right.

"annual leave entitlement"

synonyms:

right, prerogative, claim; More

• the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

"no wonder your kids have a sense of entitlement"

en·ti·tle·ment
inˈtīdlmənt,enˈtīdlmənt/
noun
noun: entitlement; plural noun: entitlements
  1. the fact of having a right to something.
    "full entitlement to fees and maintenance should be offered"
    synonyms: right, prerogative, claim; More
    • the amount to which a person has a right.
      "annual leave entitlement"
      synonyms: right, prerogative, claim; More
    • the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
      "no wonder your kids have a sense of entitlement"

Thank you for posting the definition you found for the noun "entitlement." I've put in red the part of the entitlement definion that reiterates my point.

I am also giving the definition of the adjective "entitled" that google.com uses, since it also clarifies the word and expresses my point and use of the word:

en·ti·tled
inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective
adjective: entitled
  1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "his pompous, entitled attitude"

Which again is my point. In the definition it states that an entitle person feels they are deserving of privileges or special treatment. But if you consider the fact that the individuals that need the information at this point-staff, members, designers, directors-have this information. Those of us that do not have it, and are complaining as if we should have this information are again, acting "entitled."

I urge anyone upset over this to contact Chris Komnick, Dann Peterson, Gregg Auby, etc. and they will explain their reasoning.

Chris has also posted in the Madison Scout Alumni page on facebook, and in other locations on that site the reasoning behind not publishing this information, and his points are valid, well thought out, and legally sound. Feel free to check those sources if you wish to see his reasoning.

Edited by tesmusic

Ya, I really don't care to know what they are doing as long as when I go to see it; it's good. I feel no need to slot corps from music/show design before I see and hear it on the field.

• Like 2

Feeling entitled to know every bit of info instantly is one thing, but there are plenty of fans out there that just want to get excited about a corps they like between the middle of August and the middle of June.

Does the fact that Cadets put out lots of information during the offseason make me want to donate to them or buy more stuff from them because of this instead of another corps who doesn't put out any offseason info - you betcha...

Edited by Quad Aces