MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Would you not think that if Madison continues to do Latin music, that the scouts would be for lack of a better word "type casted" into a particular style whether performed good or bad, would always be expected of them? And anything different would be considered a disappointment?

Edited by Madcityscout

Would you not think that if Madison continues to do Latin music, that the scouts would be for lack of a better word "type casted" into a particular style whether performed good or bad, would always be expected of them? And anything different would be considered a disappointment?

That's my thought.

Yes, there are some great possibilities there. If Madison decides to go that way next year, One of my favorite Cuban artist of all time is the Dizzy Gilespie protege, Arturo Sandoval. He has some great music to choose from.

• Like 1

Some of the greatest drum corp were typecasted. As a matter off fact, in the 70's and 80's, every corps had its own unique style that they stuck with every year.

Blue Devils played Jazz

Madison played Jazz or Latin

27th were British

Guardsmen were British

Kilts were Scottish

Phantom was Classical

Crossmen were Jazz

Muchachos were Spanish

I really really miss the musical diversity between corps today. So many styles are now completely ignored. I would love to hear British, Scottish, & Spanish music on the field once again.

Name the last top 6 show to feature Latin music. (I love latin and jazz by the way).

Wow you probably would have to go back to the 90s to name that show.

• Like 1

Wow you probably would have to go back to the 90s to name that show.

Kind of the point I was trying to make. I love that kind of show but it doesnt win since 88

Edited by lastknight

I felt like the boys found a new level tonight in Centerville. Bone solo had a blip, but its a cool night and it was bound to happen sometime....very minor.

94 BD would be the last championship show doing Spanish if my memory serves me correct.