MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Are you serious? Did you see Madison's 1991 & 1992 "City of Angels"? This year's show is a similar theme taken from those shows, which were very popular shows.

With 2016 being the first full year of the American Flag being flown over our new embassy in Havana, Madison could probably pull off the hottest field show of Cuban music....... could be great timing for a driving show with the appeal of Malaguena '88 !

My issue with going back Latin is it will always be compared and by many in a negative way, even if it's incredible.

I'd like to see some Buddy Rich or Maynard Ferguson explored.

• Like 1

With 2016 being the first full year of the American Flag being flown over our new embassy in Havana, Madison could probably pull off the hottest field show of Cuban music....... could be great timing for a driving show with the appeal of Malaguena '88 !

YES! Also check out Linda Eder's Havana number for inspiration.

Yes, Buddy Rich has Some good stuff! If they decided to go the Maynard route, I would just hope it would not be the Birdland path. That has been done soooooo many times already!

Edited by Madcityscout

Please Please Please Drum Corps Overseer Lords, let this happen!

I sat there watching Madison in Lafayette and had to restrain myself from getting up and going to the restroom and throwing up. The show theme and music were just plain "Offensive." Not "Madison" at all. Gross!

I disagree with your 2nd sentence as much as I agree with your 1st sentence.

Saw the show in Allentown, and was surprised that I really, really enjoyed it (saw videos from earlier in the season were a major turn off).

While it's not the best designed show I've ever seen visually, it's the first Scouts show in a very long time that didn't feel forced, with everything that makes it distinctly Madison feeling very natural, particularly in the brass book. I shouldn't be surprised, given who wrote it.

I'll second the Cuban-themed program for next year. Tons of potential there for Scouts to be Scouts while doing something "new".

<<snip>>

I'll second the Cuban-themed program for next year. Tons of potential there for Scouts to be Scouts while doing something "new".

<</snip>>

It worked so well for the Cabs that they took the show TO Cuba in the 1950s

I'm looking at Madison '95, '96, '16: "A drum corps fan's dream," "A drum corps fan's dream, Part Dos," and "A drum corps fan's dream, Part Tres: 'Avenida de Maceo & Madison'"

Maybe spend June 10 - 15 in Cuba as a camp/preview tour ?????

Do I have to book the whole tour, too ?????? Let's get going on this..... build on the success of 2015

Edited by JoeDz

Please Please Please Drum Corps Overseer Lords, let this happen!

I sat there watching Madison in Lafayette and had to restrain myself from getting up and going to the restroom and throwing up. The show theme and music were just plain "Offensive." Not "Madison" at all. Gross!

Can you elaborate on what you found "offensive," as well how this isn't "Madison" show? Please.