MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Name the last top 6 show to feature Latin music. (I love latin and jazz by the way).

I don't care. Drum Corp needs more music diversity.

• Like 1

I think Scouts could produce an absolutely ridiculous show using real Cuban music, and without going back to the (admittedly cool) Afro-Cuban influenced music they've played in the past. There's so much incredible Cuban and salsa music that's never been touched in the drum corps arena...

I think Scouts could produce an absolutely ridiculous show using real Cuban music, and without going back to the (admittedly cool) Afro-Cuban influenced music they've played in the past. There's so much incredible Cuban and salsa music that's never been touched in the drum corps arena...

Absolutely..... and I'll bet there's a killer ballad that few have heard before that would fit perfectly ! "Real" Cuban will enable MS to keep with their true "type cast," high energy, great forms, movement, spinning silks...... it's a fit.

Wow you probably would have to go back to the 90s to name that show.

Maybe it's time to revisit???

Well, we have about 3 or 4 shows left for this season and what a difference a year makes! I remember going into Indy last year many didn't even think we would make finals. Now, we could be, I think 9th or 8th. Very impressive turnaround!!! My congratulations to the staff and members of the 2015 Madison Scouts!!! A job well done!!! My hope and prayer for this organization is that you build on this achievement going into next year and beyond. No moving backwards from here. Come out with an even better design next year with some GREAT music and AWESOME drill and guard/visual design!!! MYNWA brothers!!!

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 3

I think some of these posts are onto something. If Madison could come out with some fresh and new Cuban, Latin, or Spanish music without becoming a caricature of their past; they could have something really stellar. There doesn't always have to be a Malaga or Malaguena in a latin theme show.

• Like 1

Great building year for Madison.

I think the visual design is actually really good, though maybe not as stacked as the corps in front of them. I'd wager it was intentional in order to maximize the skillsets of the corps.

They sound awesome, the music arrangements are awesome, and they're in my top 4 favorites this year.

I see them amping everything up next season and placing at least 2 spots higher.

And I wouldn't count them out of the top 6 this year. Stranger things have happened with Madison and a show like this one. See 1999 finals week.

• Like 1

Well, this is my first commentary on the Scouts page, so I read back about 10 pages to see what people are talking about. I find it stunning that with finals week being here, that there is so much talk about what music the Scouts might play next year. :tic:

It kinda puts a damper on the support for the marching members from THIS season, don't you think? :sad:

+++

Good luck to the 2015 Scouts as they work their tails off this week as they push towards excellence and rise to their best show of the year for finals! :thumbup:

• Like 1

DCI email blast:

Scouts surging: Although they performed on different days, the Madison Scouts scored higher than the Cavaliers when combining both nights of the DCI Eastern Classic. It was the first time the Scouts defeated the Cavaliers since late July of 2013, and if they can hold on to top them at the World Championship Finals on Saturday, it would be the first time since 1988 that the Men of Madison topped the Green Machine in the final event of the summer.

• Like 1

DCI email blast:

Scouts surging: Although they performed on different days, the Madison Scouts scored higher than the Cavaliers when combining both nights of the DCI Eastern Classic. It was the first time the Scouts defeated the Cavaliers since late July of 2013, and if they can hold on to top them at the World Championship Finals on Saturday, it would be the first time since 1988 that the Men of Madison topped the Green Machine in the final event of the summer.

I think they also topped them in 1997 Finals when Scouts got 5th and Cavaliers got 7th. But yeah, it would be awesome to see

them do it again this coming Saturday!