Cadets 2015

And as many often forget...the direction of the water in that toilet bowl spins in the opposite direction below the equator.

I guess the Title of that show would be "The Cariolis Effect. Rifle Spins counter clockwise above the mid-line and clockwise below the mid-line of the field.

Bump because somehow, it's forgotten that Cadets had a d@mn show last night!

Breathe......lmao :blow:

• Like 1

I'm usually in agreement with their design choices - but this new tag ending idea has me questioning them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaBYIqMI2uc

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

I'm usually in agreement with their design choices - but this new tag ending idea has me questioning them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaBYIqMI2uc

OMFG MY HEART DROPPED RIGHT BEFORE I CLICKED ON THE LINK. Scr#w you George Dixon lmfao...

• Like 1

Are you Brutus reborn?

Question for you: what did you think of Bluecoats' Tilt last year?

I do not know of this Brutus. I have posted here - very peroidically - for the last almost 10 years as zig zig zag, though. Lost my login and password

As someone originally from the Cleveland era who was asked to join the Coats when they started back in the early 80s, and with a number of friends who've marched, I always root for my hometown boyz. I don't have any problem with non-narrative concept shows, and the ending last year was jaw-dropping. I really like Coats 2015 too.

I do have a problem with removing the narrative from the music of Shostakovich and imposing fake plastic abstraction for GE's sake on top of it without the slightest hint at that narrative. I think it misses the point and sanitizes the passion and truth from the music.

In my mind, I'm making a fairly obvious point about a fairly simple thing: the biography and narrative already in the music of Shostakovich in general, and 10th symphony in particular, demand to be addressed even if just subtly in this show if the show is to have the full range of impact - including success on the scorecards - that it can.

9+1=10 is great because true (one vs many, etc, see earlier posts)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 is just counting

The narrative, depiction of Stalin etc. is of dubious veracity anyway. anyhow, why aren't you criticizing Crown for not incorporating the life story of Beethoven into their show because they play Beethoven?

• Like 2