Cadets 2015

FIRST OF ALL, I tried giving DCP a break this week. I can't do it. I've succumb to it's seduction.

SECONDLY, this whole idea of completely changing the visual look of the show is either absolutely brilliant or it's going to be an epic failure. Regardless they've absolutely captured my attention with a show while amazing and being fantastically performed, I feel like I've seen it a billion and one times from all the in depth looks and periscope casts. This should be fun.

• Like 1

FIRST OF ALL, I tried giving DCP a break this week. I can't do it. I've succumb to it's seduction.

SECONDLY, this whole idea of completely changing the visual look of the show is either absolutely brilliant or it's going to be an epic failure. Regardless they've absolutely captured my attention with a show while amazing and being fantastically performed, I feel like I've seen it a billion and one times from all the in depth looks and periscope casts. This should be fun.

I REALLY hope it's the former.

My gut feeling at the current moment given how this season is going is the former. We shall see.

Maybe this thread will add another 350 pages lol...

• Like 1

Maybe these will help even Chrisncsu to break out of his funk and anticipation. :-p

Lol

• Like 1

Did I read "field covers"????

They CAN be done well, just depends on the execution. I LOVE the idea of covering up all the numbers with 10 that we first thought was going to happen with what ended up being covers for the platforms. Just like my favorite nom noms and tasty beverages, everything's fine in moderation.

• Like 1

From George's Facebook:

11737926_10153041494106911_7598529974764

"NEON is indeed the 10th Element, and as The Cadets begin to travel East, some facets of the program re-design are beginning to take shape as the last three weekends of the season come into focus.

In March, the design team of the corps, laid out a strategy that would allow the Cadets to create a totally different show within the show. Something never done …

something we thought would elevate the show to a higher level though the end of July and August.

Neon was the key but there was much to consider as the different facets of the presentation were set not to one color palette but two very different combinations, one for the first part of the season and one for the “rush to the finish line”. From Backdrops, to Flags, to field covers to uniforms … all will be reshaped as the POWER OF 10 takes on a new look, a very new look in the days and weeks to come.

Here, thanks to the kind people at Dance Sophisticates, are the COLOR GUARD UNIFORMS, ready for fitting as the corps spends three days in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

So yes, you saw us in San Antonio, but come Allentown, or come Indy, what you see will be something completely different, and yet, very much the same. Great kids, great performance, a ridiculous challenge …. and now, that very same Shostakovich masterpiece will be draped in a new look; one we believe best brings to life the intensity, and magnificence of this symphonic celebration.

Follow the Cadets at www.cadets.org for up to date notices on what is sure the be a summer to remember for fans alumni and corps members"

I'm not sure what I think of these costumes.

They'll definitely stand out on the field better than the uniforms they've been using. Otherwise it's hard to really tell when they're just on the rack like that.

• Like 1