Cadets 2015

I'm not worried at all. Two weeks is a long time. Cadets still haven't played all their cards yet.

Great season with lots of great shows for sure!

2011 cadets lost this show by .7 also...just sayin.....Never over till it's over and on DCP that means forever..lol

• Like 3

@channel3 The Cadets show does not need any more meaning. It is an abstract design about an idea. It's in the same vein as the Cavaliers' championship shows like Spin Cycle or Four Corners. BD did a show about mirrors for goodness' sake. It wasn't dripping with "meaning." Let's celebrate Shostakovich's glorious work rather than that murderous Stalin. We don't need to pull a Phantom by killing everybody to gain GE.

Spin cycle and Four Corners were cohesive design ideas. Cadet's show is based on wordplay and random free association, and that's just puerile and negligent. That's like using a Van Gogh painting as a starting point and doing a "Gogh-Gogh Girls" show-- a play on words that completely ignores the original brilliant starting point.

• Like 1

Spin cycle and Four Corners were cohesive design ideas. Cadet's show is based on wordplay and random free association, and that's just puerile and negligent. That's like using a Van Gogh painting as a starting point and doing a "Gogh-Gogh Girls" show-- a play on words that completely ignores the original brilliant starting point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; some of these "themed" shows some corps put out there just don't make sense to me when I'm watching them. I don't want to have to read an overview before watching a show in hopes that I'll understand every nuance they place in it. If I can't figure it out by just watching it, then it doesn't matter if it has some deep meaning or underlying theme. If it does a good job conveying a message and it is performed well, then I'll probably like it. However, if it has no meaning but has some great music, awesome drill and color guard work, I'll like it too. Heck, I just like watching the corps practice and keep going over the same part. You know why? Because I get to get smashed in the face with a big sound (i.e. Crown) and watch their drill and color guard. I don't care if I get the whole story if there is one. I just like good MUSIC, MARCHING AND SPINNING. Show design is more than just a story or theme.

I can get goosebumps or want to stand to my feet in applause just because of a cool visual element or a beautiful and powerful musical moment. It doesn't matter whether the show is about a famous movie director, an opera, DaDa or whatever. Some of these themed shows take themselves too seriously and lose connection with the audience.

Edited by sched88

Don't know if Jay Webb will judge championship week, but he hasn't in the past. Crown was fortunate to have him judging tonight. Carlson, Kemp, and Dillion are usual championship week judges. It'll be interesting what the panels look like in Indy.

Webb works with the Avon HS boys from Crown so I think he was a bit generous with his numbers to them last night.

I tried really hard to post this, but couldn't figure out how

Right click on picture, select "copy image URL," click on the little green-ish box on the tool bar above and paste the URL into the pop-up box. That's all! :thumbup:

• Like 1