Cadets 2015

I'm not doubting and this being the first regional, they're looking at the recaps and know they need to fix that guard.

I'm absolutely sure they know this. The other thing you guys need to consider, is that there are probably guards that are just better than they are. But I don't believe their guard will hold them from a win. Just like Crown's drums didn't hold THEM from a win. Just like Cadets 2011 guard didn't hold them from a win. Relax. They got this.

• Like 2

I'm absolutely sure they know this. The other thing you guys need to consider, is that there are probably guards that are just better than they are. But I don't believe their guard will hold them from a win. Just like Crown's drums didn't hold THEM from a win. Just like Cadets 2011 guard didn't hold them from a win. Relax. They got this.

I agree.

• Like 1

I didn't say that BUT its time for them to clean up their book. If the demand isn't being rewarded but the performance is being hammered, how long do you wait? Its not major, but I would start focusing on it.

I didn't say that BUT its time for them to clean up their book. If the demand isn't being rewarded but the performance is being hammered, how long do you wait? Its not major, but I would start focusing on it.

So you really think they're not focusing on it? I understand there are things within the guard that should be taken out, just as there are in the brass and drumlines. I'm sure if they feel if it won't work out, they'll take it out.

• Like 2

Top 10 things I'm not worried about...

The next two regionals, plus finals are indoors; that plus a month of cleaning = an absolute beast of a color guard. That flag book isn't one I'd want to meet in a dark alley.

The opener flags had a rough go - looked like there may have been some listening issues front to back. The new work with the french horn feature is starting to gel. Once that cleans and they get the new ending polished, they'll be good to go. Still don't get the ballad dancers, but whateves, the flag work sells it.

• Like 1

I noticed the opener flags being dirty in the periscope the other day. Not too worried just yet. Not digging percussion in 3rd though.

Excellent job handing the Devs their first loss in over a year though. KEEP IT UP CADETS!

• Like 1

The Cadets guard hasn't been "The Historic Cadets Guard" for a while, at this point, so this isn't just a matter of midseason cleaning and fixes. But as 2000Cadet, who's typically right, says: they'll figure it out. And they happen to have had a championship during this era of meh Cadets guards. They'll be aight.

But, yeah, a classic, A-one, super-clean, can't-take-your-eyes-off-them Cadets guard would be so swell.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

Top 10 things I'm not worried about...

The next two regionals, plus finals are indoors; that plus a month of cleaning = an absolute beast of a color guard. That flag book isn't one I'd want to meet in a dark alley.

The opener flags had a rough go - looked like there may have been some listening issues front to back. The new work with the french horn feature is starting to gel. Once that cleans and they get the new ending polished, they'll be good to go. Still don't get the ballad dancers, but whateves, the flag work sells it.

As I said, they aren't systemic problems (poor book or lack of talent of performers), just an overly ambitious book that can be hosed down a bit and then cleaned.

As I said, they aren't systemic problems (poor book or lack of talent of performers), just an overly ambitious book that can be hosed down a bit and then cleaned.

Sort of like the times when Cadets had overly ambitious horn books but had to hose some parts down. I gotcha. Makes sense.

• Like 1

Sort of like the times when Cadets had overly ambitious horn books but had to hose some parts down. I gotcha. Makes sense.

Yes. Honestly, Cadets are stronger when they come out with a loaded show and have to hose versus coming out clean and I peaking early (2014). I'm not uncomfortable where they are now. There's enough cleaning to be done for them to grow and I suspect they are done with BIG changes.