Regiment '15

Kinda hope Don brings something different to Organ Symphony this time around. Considering 2012 Glassmen and 2014 Broken Arrow HS have used his treatments of the same piece, I dont want to hear the same thing for the third time.

I've hoped that Regiment would do the Organ Symphony again for a while...esp now that they can use organ and maybe piano. One of my favorite shows is their 1990 show.

We played it with the band I teach in 1996, and we've done American in Paris twoce...maybe Regiment is copying us! :tounge2:

I'd love them to do that gorgeous cello solo with an actual cellist, but I doubt that will happen. We gave it to our all-Eastern trombone solist back then, and she did a great job with it. Wonder how much they intend to use, given that they have a lot of different music selected.

So who won the annual PR Bowling tournament*????

*...a unique process through which non-Midwesterners marching in Rockford each/this summer experience the thrill they have so missed by being from elsewhere and bond with corpsmembers from the Midwest too.

Edited by xandandl

Must be making room for all those Phantom phans and phriends: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/paris-love-locks-removed-bridge-police/

Must really be expecting those Phantom phans after the preview concert this weekend. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/paris-removes-1-million-lovelocks-pont-de-arts/

Edited by xandandl

New logo from PR in anticipation of their jubilee next season.

10958809_10153063446803668_7169642915321

Reminds me of the Miller 64 logo.

Miller-64.jpg

Things seem quiet in Rockford. There are a couple of member videos posted on their FB page along with the usual photos from Spring Training, but I haven't seen any Robert Cawthorne videos yet this year.

Has anyone been to watch them rehearse? If so, what did you think (if you haven't been asked not to say anything)?