Regiment '15

Posted in the uni thread, but may as well post it here, too. Another look at the uniform.

JqQTPBn.jpg

I love PR, but not a fan of the new uni's.

I'm not really sold on this uniform. Kind of seems like they threw last year uniform into this year's uniform. And i wonder if the length of the guard dress might cause some problems in their movements.

I'm not really sold on this uniform. Kind of seems like they threw last year uniform into this year's uniform. And i wonder if the length of the guard dress might cause some problems in their movements.

Pretty sure phantomettes have been wearing long dresses the past few years.

Any chance you could post that pic? :cool::thumbup:

I can't seem to figure out how to do that. So sorry! There are a number of photos on PR's fb page now, though.....!

SCV's guard wore similarly long skirts in 09's Ballet for Martha, as well as last year's show. They were beautiful and dramatic and quite effective, I think!

From the posted picture, it seems that the dress is actually touching the floor. If so, that is where I am worried. If the dress is above the ankles then I'm okay. If they had similar dresses like from Juliet or 2012 when they did Nessun Dorma, that would have been better. In my own opinion, I think having a dress above the knee caps, on the knee caps, or sightly below the knee caps would have fit them better. From the picture, it seems to me that the dress is a little bit to long, and in their movements (like jazz running or doing a routine with the flags or weapons), I wonder would it effect them? And for SCV 2009, their dresses where above the ankles which was good and for last year, they had (I forgot the name of them) but it was for a brief moment of the show in which they danced in them.

Paris. City of light. Brown and black???

The color combinations work for me, but I have fond memories of seeing Paris at Night, and specifically seeing the Eiffel tower with that color scheme. The lights actually have and show more colors at different times, but this is the example that matches their color palette.

eiffel_tower_by_night_iii_by_miss_pictur

JUGC9yX.jpg

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

The color combinations work for me, but I have fond memories of seeing Paris at Night, and specifically seeing the Eiffel tower with that color scheme. The lights actually have and show more colors at different times, but this is the example that matches their color palette.

JUGC9yX.jpg

Agree....here is a video of the Tour Eiffel lights I took from the trocadero, just across the Seine.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mike1013/media/Paris%202012/IMG_0155.mp4.html?sort=3&o=2

• Like 1

From the posted picture, it seems that the dress is actually touching the floor. If so, that is where I am worried. If the dress is above the ankles then I'm okay. If they had similar dresses like from Juliet or 2012 when they did Nessun Dorma, that would have been better. In my own opinion, I think having a dress above the knee caps, on the knee caps, or sightly below the knee caps would have fit them better. From the picture, it seems to me that the dress is a little bit to long, and in their movements (like jazz running or doing a routine with the flags or weapons), I wonder would it effect them? And for SCV 2009, their dresses where above the ankles which was good and for last year, they had (I forgot the name of them) but it was for a brief moment of the show in which they danced in them.

Just because they are showing this as the guard costume - we shouldn't assume that it is the only thing they will be wearing... PR is well known for having multiple "looks" that progress with the show... remember "Rhapsody," there were quite a few changes during the course of that production.

• Like 1