Did Anyone Else Notice...?

Not to burst your bubble but this is a little irrelevant. Check out the intro for Cadets 2012. Or Cadets 2013. Hell, just take a look at most years and I'd bet you the "proud to present" part is there. Georgie probably just decided to change the intro a little this year.

Exactly: the obvious conclusion is that DCI did not like Cadets 2014 production... :ninja:

:silly::silly:

• Like 1

Exactly: the obvious conclusion is that DCI did not like Cadets 2014 production... :ninja:

:silly::silly:

Much like the audience this year? I kid, I kid :silly:

But actually, listening to their 2014 production, I'm appreciating it a lot more than I did over the season.

Much like the audience this year? I kid, I kid :silly:

But actually, listening to their 2014 production, I'm appreciating it a lot more than I did over the season.

I actually really dug it: another show (along with SCV 2013 and, to a lesser extent 2014) that pre-season I didn't think I'd like much/at all but ended up really liking it in August (albeit slightly less when they added those sign things). Musically, they were pretty amazing!!

Homer!

Don't knock it...it's quite the Odyssey.

Don't knock it...it's quite the Odyssey.

Now don't start with that ship...

• Like 1

It always seems to me that traditionally there are two announcements for each corps. First, when they walk onto the field it's "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the field, INT." Once the salute happens it's "Ladies and gentleman, Drum Corps International is proud to present INT." Most FN clips from the non-preshow era will therefore not have the initial welcome if they pick up near the salute.

Of course with modern preshows it changes things. They put the preshow on FN if it seems a valid part of the show, and that's when we hear the first announcement. (except for this year's finals which for some reason has the whole warmup period either way). Also, the second announcement is sometimes drowned out or modified by the corps. Oh, it's all different now. Dogs and cats sleeping together.

If they're saying "Please welcome" for the second announcement (salute) I'd have to suspect it's a mistake or a corps modification. "Hey, we already welcomed these guys. How come I gotta welcome 'em all over again. Geez."

I'm not checking any of this, it's just been my assumption. I'll just have to go watch some drum corps videos. Twist my arm.