Madison in Macy's Parade

There a possible answer might be "a fifteen year old and who is the son of another alum." If his Dad was marching, that would be great too........................and knock off some of those DCA is better than DCI critics. I know I witnessed fathers and sons perform at Cavaliers' anniversary, Cadets' anniversary, and even fathers/mothers and daughters too (except for Cavs.)

Now if Madison has been cleared to be Santa's musical introduction, does that mean the Mad Men have been cleared as the "Good Boys" of drum corps???

• Like 1

There a possible answer might be "a fifteen year old and who is the son of another alum." If his Dad was marching, that would be great too........................and knock off some of those DCA is better than DCI critics. I know I witnessed fathers and sons perform at Cavaliers' anniversary, Cadets' anniversary, and even fathers/mothers and daughters too (except for Cavs.)

Now if Madison has been cleared to be Santa's musical introduction, does that mean the Mad Men have been cleared as the "Good Boys" of drum corps???

All marchers are current or former members of the Scouts. There are father/son combos, but both are either current or former members.

Tes,

Are you certain about your wording???

I think Chris K. would be very surprised.

Certainly would be if both father and son were current members?!?!?!?

The rest of us get that all members are either former members or CMMs.

Edited by xandandl

Tes,

Are you certain about your wording???

I think Chris K. would be very surprised.

Certainly would be if both father and son were current members?!?!?!?

The rest of us get that all members are either former members or CMMs.

Shhhh now and just enjoy the parade and the impending awesomeness that will take place there.

• Like 1

Executive Director Chris Komnick.

“As a result, we have performers as young as 15 and as old as 75 with a performer representing every year of our history from 1956 through 2014.

There are indeed some amazing staff and members involved. Solid.

Go Madison :xmas:

That is an incredible fete! Can't wait to see this, and I wish Madison Scouts nothing but the best luck with this truly awesome (in the literal sense not the 'everything is awesome' sense) endeavor!!

• Like 1

Hopefully one or more DCPers will use "electronics" altruistically and post the TV vid of Scouts actually doing the parade in order to oblige those unable to see the actual performance due to church services, working (such as hospitals, emergency services, etc.) or volunteering their time to feed the hungry on Thanksgiving.

I know the Scouts' official message has that they will make some FB, twiiter, and perhaps other availabilities possible; but if all goes as wonderfully as planned, Chris Komnick/Scott Stewart/and crew may be very, very busy for awhile expressing thank yous and receiving great congratulations. Now, if only the weather obliges...

Thanks.

Edited by xandandl

Shhhh now and just enjoy the parade and the impending awesomeness that will take place there.

Agree. Its all good.

Anytime, a Drum Corps gets on TV, its a good thing for the activity as a whole. Congrats to the Madison Scouts for securing this gig. I'm looking forward to seeing them on TV in this parade.

Some nice publicity being given throughout the Continent !!! about Madison's invasion of Manhattan.

Nice piece with Brent Turner, MN marching band guru whose efforts help so many kids enter drum corps. Well earned.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/video?clipId=10869524&autoStart=true

and from Western Canada:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Tuba+players+will+have+blast+Broadway+with+video/10326743/story.html

I have the great fortune to be able to watch the parade about four stories directly above the parade route. It's actually not as good for pictures as you might think, but if I get some decent ones I'll share. Excited to see them!

Now if I can just convince my hostess to pop open that window...