Madison in Macy's Parade

Great job by the Scouts and many of the bands...while many bands sounded fine, I thought from a visual standpoint Center Grove had amazing feet and individual marching technique on display.

Really agree, Mike. And that drum line... The whole organization is tasty to me because it's so "drum corps-like". Great job to those kids and that staff.

Madison shook the windows for blocks. I knew the sound guys were not going to be ready for that. There was more dynamic range from Madison than from most of the pre-recorded lip-sync crap that played there.

I'm glad NBC includes the bands. If they didn't, I wouldn't watch.

• Like 2

I did get some pictures from near the start of the parade...will be posting soon(ish)!

There were some seriously talented bands marching today...but only one Drum Corps, that's for sure!

Edited by troon8

That was awesome... Congrats to everyone connected with the Madison Scouts to make this happen.

• Like 1

If stealing hearts was a crime, Madison would have been found guilty and convicted long ago. Today was amazing. Great job Madison and Madison alums--there will be no coal in your stockings after the way you led Santa into Macy's!

I thought I heard Matt Lauer pronounce it as "The Madison Squouts."

Ditto on this one. I was watching with my family and they caught it too...we all just kind of looked at each other and laughed.

• Like 2

Ditto on this one. I was watching with my family and they caught it too...we all just kind of looked at each other and laughed.

I watched the entire parade today. When she said 'compromised' and corrected with 'comprised' I laughed.

It was good to see Drum Corps in Macy's parade again (from a Macy's and Rose Bowl parade fan :)