Madison in Macy's Parade

From the Macy's Parade website, this is how they list the participating "bands":

NYPD Marching Band [NY]

Macy's Great American Marching Band

American Fork H.S. Marching Band [uT]

Bahama All Stars Marching Band

Baldwinsville H.S. Marching Band [NY]

Center Grove H.S. Marching Band [iN]

Foothill H.S. Marching Band [NV]

Georgia State University Marching Band [GA]

Madison Scouts - Corps of Brothers [WI]

Paul Lawrence Dunbar H.S. Marching Band [KY]

Western Carolina University Marching Band [NC]

Winston Churchill H.S. Marching Band [TX]

There is a little blurb for each group. The one for the Scouts reads: "They're always referred to as a 'corps' not a 'band'. This all-male group is a reunion ensemble made up of past & present members."

It says that Western Carolina will be the largest ensemble performing. Is that true?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

The Daave is correct. There is a flag code violation as pictured on Youtube. What is not included is when the corps turns to our right facing the TV cameras that day head on, thus making the US colors the first in the file (which is correct.) Solution of what Daave cites is to pinwheel the AF squad so that AF is on far right. But Macy's TV producers are infamous for their disregard of flag code to accomodate the TV limitations of time and space.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

The Daave is correct. There is a flag code violation as pictured on Youtube. What is not included is when the corps turns to our right facing the TV cameras that day head on, thus making the US colors the first in the file (which is correct.) Solution of what Daave cites is to pinwheel the AF squad so that AF is on far right. But Macy's TV producers are infamous for their disregard of flag code to accomodate the TV limitations of time and space.

Thanks.

As a retired Army 1SG, it always bothers me. It's not just TV producers. I have sat at LOS every year since 2009 and sadly watched many such violations at retreat.

I miss Cozy. RIP

As I recall, he always seemed to have someone's ear about ensuring it was addressed and done right. Or he'd just go to the field himself. Not unlike the Drum Major of the Troopers that one evening in 2007.

• Like 1

At least Flam Man finally gets his spats for the parade.

• Like 1

There are a few posts trending on social media now saying that Ferguson protestors are mobilizing to shut down the parade. Wonder if that'll happen or not?

They better not! I'm not missing Scouts for anything.