Cavaliers 2015

I've seen some of them already, and this is the newest section on the field. Seen some other sections, presumably earlier in the show that sound a lot better and are more cohesive.

Let the Cavaliers be known as the first drum corps to include a bass trombone in their show.

• Like 3

I've seen some of them already, and this is the newest section on the field. Seen some other sections, presumably earlier in the show that sound a lot better and are more cohesive.

Thanks for the heads up! I figured this was probably a newer section. I'm excited to see what the rest of the show looks like.

As an FMM and Professional Bass Trombonist, I'm diggin' "Da' Bass Bone!!!!!. Can't wait to see them live in July when we host them for a couple days.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

Wow, shouldn't have clicked on that link.

I hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

They're Rollin out podiums this year! Any predictions on how they'll be used? Podiums seem o so totally mainstream nowadays and I'm wondering how they're gonna innovate with em. Cavaliers overall are not too prop heavy sans maybe 13' and if you wanna count the coffin and some bones from 14'. Something about using podiums seems like a step up in this department.

They're Rollin out podiums this year! Any predictions on how they'll be used? Podiums seem o so totally mainstream nowadays and I'm wondering how they're gonna innovate with em. Cavaliers overall are not too prop heavy sans maybe 13' and if you wanna count the coffin and some bones from 14'. Something about using podiums seems like a step up in this department.

There was a short-lived video on YT last week showing a portion of the show where the horn players lay the podiums down in a grid pattern and start running across them.

Although the camera angle was too low, I thought it looked like a cool visual.

11407096_10153364893828996_8955593188922

YeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGameOnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa