Cavaliers 2015

Nobody looks or sounds particularly good in May. I just enjoy getting a glimpse of what is to come.

I know! This show is definitely up there in my most excited to see, certainly looks like May, which is fine. Looks like we're going to see some platforms, Trombone quartet sounds cool, don't care if I'm alone on that. Anyone know what piece that is? Sounds familiar for sure but doesn't sound like any of their announced pieces.

Edited by DrumManTx

I know! This show is definitely up there in my most excited to see, certainly looks like May, which is fine. Looks like we're going to see some platforms, Trombone quartet sounds cool, don't care if I'm alone on that. Anyone know what piece that is? Sounds familiar for sure but doesn't sound like any of their announced pieces.

Oh, I agree on the trombones. I love some good bass trombone, and its use definitely squashes the "why can't they just use baris?" argument. No way can you get the kind of sound out of a bari or euph.

Looks like some good drill

I agree - there is a lot going on. The horns jumping across the platforms while the guard spins between them looks like a great visual.

I love the percussion vibe during the clip.

Edited by Lincoln

Loved the bass trombone and bone quartet. Dug the percussion groove. Even like the start of the brass reentry after the drum groove...but it escalated into college band territory really fast after the first 16 counts. It's got a lot of possibilities, but they will really have to do some work to de-cheese it.