Fan Network - Why have you forsaken me?

then why did WGI make an announcement while DCI remains silent?

Didn't WGI pull their content before DCI?

Maybe WGI got hit with the legal stuff before DCI and both need roughly the same amount of time to go over things.

Or different set of legal issues so takes different amount of time...

Or DCI lawyers are working other clients so can't be Speedy Gonzalez on DCI....

Not following you. Maybe if you could explain what part of the licensing process is priced on number of performing groups involved?

Of course, if that really is a problem, WGI could limit their broadcast to an affordable number of groups.

More groups, more content from different rights holders = more #### involved in making everything is legal...

My point is there are reasons for what lawyers advise, and by your statement above you would appear to agree with me. When you say it all comes down to lawyers some people will hear, especially with all the irrational prejudices that abound, that lawyers are the root cause of the problem and that everything would just be fine otherwise.

That's like saying that doctors are the reason a woman shouldn't drink when she is pregnant just because they are the ones who advise her not to. No, the dangers are the reasons and they already exist. Doctors are just the ones who understand them and advise accordingly.

The reason for the verbosity of my post was to illustrate that the reality of the situation cannot be oversimplified, especially since such oversimplifications open the door to all sorts of irrational conclusions and accusations.

Not that that sort of thing ever happens in DCP of course.

Verbosity is great for opening arguments. Closing is where simple works best. And here saying lawyers is spot on. No announcement, despite DCI's hopes to announce something since before Christmas. Why? Because lawyers said don't. Not a bad plan since lawyers from elsewhere threatened a monster lawsuit

If your premise is that lawyers are advising these groups against making announcements, then why did WGI make an announcement while DCI remains silent?

WGI finally told the truth because the lawyers cleared them to. Their initial announcement which I put the link to above, makes no mention of copyright.

More groups, more content from different rights holders = more #### involved in making everything is legal...

Right. Especially on the scholastic side you can't predict who makes finals let alone semis. So how do you plan?

How many groups compete at WGI?

How many groups compete at WGI?

Some 300+ groups compete at WGI. That doesn't include the groups that compete at regional events and do not attend world championships.

• Like 1

Verbosity is great for opening arguments. Closing is where simple works best. And here saying lawyers is spot on

Well you have certainly said it so I guess now everyone understands. And as you so strongly disapprove of any alternative means of explanation, I will get out of the way and leave the board to you, confident that it is seconds away from complete enlightenment. Have fun everyone. Sorry I couldn't help.

Well you have certainly said it so I guess now everyone understands. And as you so strongly disapprove of any alternative means of explanation, I will get out of the way and leave the board to you, confident that it is seconds away from complete enlightenment. Have fun everyone. Sorry I couldn't help.

Who says you didn't help?

Some 300+ groups compete at WGI. That doesn't include the groups that compete at regional events and do not attend world championships.

There are 300 groups registered for Dayton this year, just on the guard weekend. All in all, we're probably talking about just shy of 1,000 units that compete in WGI events every year.

• Like 1