The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Please someone play the so-called "butt song from Hell"! One of the three panels in Hieronymus Bosch's c. 1500 painting The Garden of Earthly Delights represents sinners in Hell, one of whom is depicted with music written on his (or her) buttocks. That tune has lately been recorded: instrumental version here and with lyrics added here. Remember, five hundred year old music is in the public domain, so they'll be no trouble with licensing costs.

I'd be curious to see what a corps could make of Alex Ebert's music for the film, All Is Lost, a 2013 ocean adventure starring Robert Redford.

Cascades playing Appalachian spring or firebird

I wanna hear someone play Malaguena. or Land of Make Believe. Or Legend of the One Eyed Sailor! Mmmm some Appalachian Spring and When a Man Loves a Woman sound good. Maybe In the Stone or Ice Castles too.

On a serious note, i'd like to hear how Phantom would do New World if they did it again.

• Like 1

More Mahler. Or Schoenberg. Or Sibelius. Stuff from the last century is great music

• Like 1

Mahler = Life. I'm surprised that more of his stuff has not been used.

Mahler = Life. I'm surprised that more of his stuff has not been used.

Probably because it's so hard to put onto the field. His music is famous for its slow development over the entire piece, not something you can cut up into a 60 second chunk. Would be great if someone would sit down and arrange out an entire show based around one of his symphonies.

Crown did a really nice job, IMO with that chunk of 2 they used in 2010. I also liked the snippet Boston used from 1 in their opener and how they mixed it with Pines of the Appian Way (another of my favorite pieces)

I would really love to see Phantom do a show with the finale from Sibelius 2. That lush string arrival is just begging to be turned in to an impact moment.

• Like 1

Crown did a really nice job, IMO with that chunk of 2 they used in 2010. I also liked the snippet Boston used from 1 in their opener and how they mixed it with Pines of the Appian Way (another of my favorite pieces)

Indeed, but that was very small chunks. I think someone might have used 5 recently, but I'd have to look. That is one that would be great on the field. Just takes a very confident arranger, and a lot of talented kids to pull it off. Crown did a great job with 2, would have liked to see more of it.