The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

I would love to see VK come back full force with solid financial footing and a management that does not mislead members.

quote name='flammaster' timestamp='1378076001' post='3320741']

I would love to see VK come back full force and do a bunch of TV them songs like Manix, Johnny Quest, Lost in Space, Mod Squad etc.

Not that I specifically want a corps to do this but it certainly shows the possibilities of Pop Music in drum corps.

This is Katy Perry's "ET" for Orchestra... but the transition to the drum corps field is but a small step from there. I was very impressed!

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Fazil Say's "Istanbul Symphony", lots of material in those seven movements from Turkish folk groove to jazz elements.

Pretty cool stuff.

Turkey of course provides many different visual perspectives and possibilities: from whirling divershes to the crusades to the multi-cultural Istanbul of today. What color possibilities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIofU-0jC0

Pink Floyd's 'Great Gig in the Sky' could be awesome if you have a brass section that can really hold it together.

I would like a lot of Pink Floyd or Zeppelin to be used, especially from the London Philharmonic versions. I can definitely see 'Nobody Home' or 'Going to California' or 'Battle of Evermore' on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but, Bumpity-bump.

I think it would be great to see a corps do this on the field:

Plus who wouldn't love a Godfather-type show?

Edited by Double.D

Sorry, but, Bumpity-bump.

Plus who wouldn't love a Godfather-type show?

Well, the Blue Devils did one in 2006, and did a pretty good job with it. Used most of the famous music, and a lot of the famous imagery in their show.

I would love to see VK come back full force with solid financial footing and a management that does not mislead members.

Waht the?

Edited by Kansan
  • Like 1