The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

During my weekly visit with http://www.worldofbrass.com/wobradio/index2.php?episode_id=041215&episode_title=World%20of%20Brass%20radio:%2004-12-15&file=wobradio_04-12-15 ,at the 17 minute mark, this piece was played. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbvNJjwexaU I imagine a corps could do their whole show around it.

Edited by Ghost

I would really love to see Phantom do a show with the finale from Sibelius 2. That lush string arrival is just begging to be turned in to an impact moment.

There's some more good material in the first movement of Symphony 3, En Saga, The Tempest, Kullervo, and Nightride and Sunrise. And music (perhaps life itself) gets no better than Andante Festivo.

Yesterday marked 150 years since Jean Sibelius's birth, and on my drive home, I heard the end of his Symphony No. 2, which sounded like excellent corps material, and also his "Scène de ballet," parts of which which had potential for adaptation as well, I thought. But according to CorpsReps, the only Sibelius work that corps have ever played is "Finlandia", and that not since 1985--with one exception: 7th Regiment played some Symphony No. 2 in 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always loved Alan Silvestri. I think "A Christmas Carol, Main Title" would be awesome on the field. Just saw he movie again tonight. Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

This please! Would love to heard a drum corp arrangement of any Two Steps from Hell piece.

Actually I'm pretty sure Genesis did a few years back.

• 3 weeks later...

Dick Hyman's "Sextet for Clarinet, Piano, and Strings (1988)"

Just heard it on my way to my ES...not for the technically challenged, especially since it would be transcribed for brass. But a doozy..

Also, it's a 20-minute piece, and I'm not sure what section of it I happened to be listening to. Quite unsurprisingly, there is a rather close stylistic resemblance to Bernstein's "Prelude, Fugue and Riffs."

Edited by HornTeacher

Aspen Jubilee by Ron Nelson

Just heard this coming home from school. For some reason, in my mind it had Troop's "hero." written all over it. Did some research, and found that Blue Knights did it in 1991. I could definitely see the vocal solo being scored on trumpet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnFUO3EAvM