The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

love this

and here's an a cappella version by the same choir. sound quality isn't great, but the beauty of the piece and talent of the choir makes up for it:

phantom or crown, please

i was bored, and decided to use some online resources to mess with this a bit:

Edited by Lance

bloo could do kinetic noise part dos with nils frahm's stuff.

both of these are kind of out there, i know. the first one is the more accessible of the two.

i could see a bunch of different corps putting together some great brass and percussion books with it, actually:

Edited by Lance
  • Like 3

Cadets, Mahler symphony 1 mvt 3 would be nice.

I'd much rather hear the last movement.

I'm a huge Mahler fan, I would like to hear more Mahler on the field. Phantom's Faust show had some Mahler, it was okay, and Boston did some Mahler a couple years back, I wasn't impressed.

And of course there was Crown in 2010.

Honestly, I'm sick of Symphony #2. How about #4? There is a lot of melody to be had. Or even Das Lied von der Erde.

I'd much rather hear the last movement.

I'm a huge Mahler fan, I would like to hear more Mahler on the field. Phantom's Faust show had some Mahler, it was okay, and Boston did some Mahler a couple years back, I wasn't impressed.

And of course there was Crown in 2010.

Honestly, I'm sick of Symphony #2. How about #4? There is a lot of melody to be had. Or even Das Lied von der Erde.

I'd be happy with any of Mahler 1.

It's got a little bit of everything.

Love the klezmer band part in the 3rd movement, and the 2nd movement is just glorious all around.

I could totally see them [Carolina Crown] doing the Finale from Tchaik 4. With the runs in the brass and everything. Now that'd be a closer for the ages.

Bump.

YES!!!

I understand it's been done before (Regiment '99, among others). But if they can keep the arrangements more brass heavy and closer to the format of the original, there will be baby throwing!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

I'd be happy with any of Mahler 1.

It's got a little bit of everything.

Love the klezmer band part in the 3rd movement, and the 2nd movement is just glorious all around.

Cadets did a piece of the 3rd in 1972...it was our Peace Sign push as part of our "No More War" show.