The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

I didn't like what Boston did with any of it, so I just pretend it hasn't been done yet. 

I'm also pretty sure they didn't do any of the 2nd movement. They actually started the show with mvmt 1, and ended it with mvmt 4. 

Edited by Lance

Couldn't find the "show ideas" thread so I'll use this one. 

Was listening to Cadets 2015 where they used some of the Mulholland Drive soundtrack and got thinking about some corps doing a fully on David Lynch inspired Mulholland Drive show.  They could wail into Crying with a trumpet screamer carrying the top and just cut out mid-note and do a "silencio" drill and have the guard collapse at the end of one movement.  It'd take a corps willing to risk something super weird and do it well enough to not come off like a parody.  Blue Devils?  Oregon Crusaders?  Colts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Couldn't find the "show ideas" thread so I'll use this one. 

Was listening to Cadets 2015 where they used some of the Mulholland Drive soundtrack and got thinking about some corps doing a fully on David Lynch inspired Mulholland Drive show.  They could wail into Crying with a trumpet screamer carrying the top and just cut out mid-note and do a "silencio" drill and have the guard collapse at the end of one movement.  It'd take a corps willing to risk something super weird and do it well enough to not come off like a parody.  Blue Devils?  Oregon Crusaders?  Colts?

BD for sure.  Mullholland is in Cali anyways.  :)

That was my thinking.  And the whole 'if anyone could make something as weird as David Lynch work on the field...' factor.

Some great back-and-forth between the piano and orchestra in the first movement. The slow movement is lovely. The third movement has some piano passages that would make great brass runs. And the whole thing is jazzy.

• Like 1

I agree about Mahler's 1st, 2nd movement.  It is my favorite symphony.  Also love the triumphant, horses galloping section of the 4th movement.

Excuse my newness if this has already been done, and done with excellence, but I would be thrilled to hear a show open up with this one, right after the vocal ends.  It needs a great low brass section to pull it off.