I will have to see/hear it a few more times. On first blush, it's really, really good, but Tilt was also really really fun, and I'm not sure this one matches it.

Of course, it could be that my face was stuck in a permanent o_O after watching it. They broke my brain...

-Mike

• Like 3

So much potential and everything seems fresh. I could see this winning.

Nice start to the '15 season tonight by the Coats. Hope to see all of you within driving distance at Akron on Saturday.

7:30 National Anthem and Rhythm In Blue (Coats alumni corps)

7:55 Troopers

8:13 Boston Crusaders

8:31 Blue Stars

INT

9:07 Cavaliers

9:25 Carolina Crown

9:43 The Cadets

10:01 Bluecoats

edit to add there will be 8 judges at this show and since this is not the DCI at the movies show

the folks attending Akron will actually get to know the scores without waiting two days!

Edited by oldbandguy

Apparently the sound effects for this show are much more apparent and effective in person. It's a shame I won't get the chance to see them live this year.

• Like 2

Apparently the sound effects for this show are much more apparent and effective in person. It's a shame I won't get the chance to see them live this year.

During "Woods" it's very obvious to be a live effect. As with the ballad I'm sure a lot more will translate in person. Which kind of stinks for anyone who can't attend. Seems a bit like their ballad last year.

I posted this on Facebook. I see this show being really divisive, it's really simple but extremely complex at the same time. And I beyond loved it.

Champions push the activity. They change it. I see this as one of those shows. Not for just the electronics that I'll get to. Their use of modern, minimalist, 21st century untouched, new, and fresh music and their approach to arranging it in a way that grooves and is appealing is fantastic. They've found their signature sound. Their approach to visual design is refreshing, it morphs, changes constantly, and is full of ALL sorts of unconventional things. And finally, their integration and usage of electronics is unparalleled. Something tells me the speakers around the field create effects you have to hear live, but the stuff they were doing with morphing sound, entrances and finishing phrases, ect. was just amazing to me. I need to see that show again, I think I absolutely loved it. Will it win? I don't know, but IMO this is a game changer. Their brass sounded AMAZING tonight, Percussion was absolutely fantastic, the color guard seemed HUGELY improved, visual design was refreshing, and Music GE could be huge.

I'm not saying they'll win, but I think they can.

• Like 9

DrumManTx...yep! This show MUST be seen/heard live. Several of the key visual effects in the show were not shown on camera

tonight...which is understandable considering Tom Blare and crew had not seen the show or knew what was coming next.

(same is true for the judges...they'll need a view viewings too.)

• Like 1